Thread: Two robbers shot while trying to rob store

Post imported post

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/53574312.html

Two men died Tuesday after they were shot while trying to rob a convenience store on Milwaukee's north side, police said.
    Both men were armed and wearing masks and gloves when they entered the store at N. 12th and W. Chambers streets about 10:45 a.m., Milwaukee police Capt. Edith Hudson said.
    The men announced the robbery but were then shot by a customer or customers, who ran from the store, Hudson said. No arrests have been made in connection with the case, she said.
    A man identified by family as Kenneth J. Whitaker, 28, was pronounced dead inside the store, Hudson said.
    The other man, 22, ran from the store and collapsed in a nearby gangway but died at a hospital, Sgt. Mark Stanmeyer said in an e-mail. The man's identity has not been released.
    Whitaker's mother and cousin said in interviews that he visited the store often and said they did not believe he had tried to rob the business.

Post imported post

Whoops someone else beat me to the punch on this. Mike if you see this feel free to delete.

Post imported post

Were these customers open carrying or illegally ccw'ing?

Either way. I give this thread a :celebrate from the info I read so far.

Post imported post

I stopped at Oakland Gyros tonight around 8pm. The one on Layton, not Oakland. While waiting for my to go order, two Milwaukee cops who were eating in a booth got up to leave. Stopped near the door to talk to the manager/owner as it seemed they knew him. I wasn't paying attention to them at first but after a little bit I started to hear bits and pieces of their discussion, which was about this shooting. Like I said, didn't hear everything (I'm deaf in one ear) but two things of note was that they seemed to be somewhat bemused by the idea that a customer had got them before they could get anyone else (as most of us probably are) and second is they appeared to have a photo of some sort of the shooter. One of the cops had pulled out what maybe was a picture cell phone or maybe some other electronic device and I heard the owner/manager say "is that the guy who shot them?" I assume it's probably off a security camera, but maybe it was a mugshot or something. I didn't really want to make it obvious I was paying attention. I glanced over my shoulder couldn't really get a glimpse of it, other than that the cop was holding a small electronic device.

Post imported post

The Milwaukee paper is identifying one of the ARMED perps as a "victim." Excluse me while I puke after reading this.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/53722062.html
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

WTF.... I wish they would allow comments to their stories....

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Mugenlude wrote:
    Article author mailto:rhaggerty@journalsentinel.com

My experience suggests that Mr. Haggerty will protest that "the headline editor wrote that."

Post imported post

Mu genlude wrote:
    They do,but only by their own anti-2nd admendment staff.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/53750237.html

This situation shows why Wisconsin needsstrong castle doctrine, selfdefense,and defense of others statutes.

Wish we had blue dog dems in this state
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.