• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Two robbers shot while trying to rob store

smithman

imported post

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/53574312.html

Two men died Tuesday after they were shot while trying to rob a convenience store on Milwaukee's north side, police said.
Both men were armed and wearing masks and gloves when they entered the store at N. 12th and W. Chambers streets about 10:45 a.m., Milwaukee police Capt. Edith Hudson said.
The men announced the robbery but were then shot by a customer or customers, who ran from the store, Hudson said. No arrests have been made in connection with the case, she said.
A man identified by family as Kenneth J. Whitaker, 28, was pronounced dead inside the store, Hudson said.
The other man, 22, ran from the store and collapsed in a nearby gangway but died at a hospital, Sgt. Mark Stanmeyer said in an e-mail. The man's identity has not been released.
Whitaker's mother and cousin said in interviews that he visited the store often and said they did not believe he had tried to rob the business.

Passive101

imported post

Were these customers open carrying or illegally ccw'ing?

Either way. I give this thread a :celebrate from the info I read so far.

gbu28

imported post

I stopped at Oakland Gyros tonight around 8pm. The one on Layton, not Oakland. While waiting for my to go order, two Milwaukee cops who were eating in a booth got up to leave. Stopped near the door to talk to the manager/owner as it seemed they knew him. I wasn't paying attention to them at first but after a little bit I started to hear bits and pieces of their discussion, which was about this shooting. Like I said, didn't hear everything (I'm deaf in one ear) but two things of note was that they seemed to be somewhat bemused by the idea that a customer had got them before they could get anyone else (as most of us probably are) and second is they appeared to have a photo of some sort of the shooter. One of the cops had pulled out what maybe was a picture cell phone or maybe some other electronic device and I heard the owner/manager say "is that the guy who shot them?" I assume it's probably off a security camera, but maybe it was a mugshot or something. I didn't really want to make it obvious I was paying attention. I glanced over my shoulder couldn't really get a glimpse of it, other than that the cop was holding a small electronic device.