• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Visiting Arizona

run8

imported post

I'll be visiting Arizona this weekend from California, not being a resident of Arizona, am I still okay legally to open carry?

I've done some searching and can't find anything specific in the forums, which is why I'm asking, better to be safe than sorry.

Are there any restrictions regarding open carry such as having a round chambered, and such?

Thank you for your help.

DMGNUT

imported post

Open carry in Arizona is OK for anyone who can legally own a gun.

You shouldn't bother to carry, if you don't have a round chambered (I don't think that's actually alaw, but rather, just my opinion).

run8

imported post

Thank you for your input, yes I agree, I'd rather be ready to rock than fiddling around.