• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why open carry?

SigPacker

imported post

Why do you open carry? In my business (photographer of liberal trained high school seniors) I can't most of the time during the day except quick runs to the gas stations or store....

What's your best answer 140 characters or less. (then perhaps a longer explanation)

SP

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

cause are forefathers and all the other people who gave up their lives to defend that right.

Tawnos

imported post

It's easier for people to vote against those they don't think are part of their community.

hydrochloride

imported post

Our rights are being whittled away slowly but surely. I feel it is my duty to OC because it gives me a chance to educate the public and show others that it is possible to stand up for our rights. I also like to know that I have the ability to keep others safe.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

2ndAmendmentDefender wrote:
BECAUSE IT PISSES LIBERALS OFF! :)
I thought your statement funny, but on a serious note, I do believe carrying firearm openly can be a 1st amendment right. But lets not do it to piss people off, although we know certain elements of our society will be 'pissed off'. Antagonism isn't a goal I have while open carrying. Healthy debates is good, and I have had some with those who disagree, but because I wasn't trying to piss them off I was able to educate them on the fact that this was a right ( they didn't realize it was legal) and leave a favorable impression, even if they still didn't agree, they weren't afraid of me at the end.

I also have had 2 negative encounters, one where it was prudent just to ignore the guy who was not going to be polite and talk about it. The other is with the Bellingham Police department, that I am attempting to resolve.

We have to remember liberal's and conservatives have the right to their view point. Although I feel often they don't dish out the same amount of respect they demand, we shouldn't stoop to their level. Don't compromise, don't let it stop you from open carrying but lets not be antagonistic about it.

2ndAmendmentDefender

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
I thought your statement funny, but on a serious note, I do believe carrying firearm openly can be a 1st amendment right. But lets not do it to piss people off, although we know certain elements of our society will be 'pissed off'. Antagonism isn't a goal I have while open carrying. Healthy debates is good, and I have had some with those who disagree, but because I wasn't trying to piss them off I was able to educate them on the fact that this was a right ( they didn't realize it was legal) and leave a favorable impression, even if they still didn't agree, they weren't afraid of me at the end.

I also have had 2 negative encounters, one where it was prudent just to ignore the guy who was not going to be polite and talk about it. The other is with the Bellingham Police department, that I am attempting to resolve.

We have to remember liberal's and conservatives have the right to their view point. Although I feel often they don't dish out the same amount of respect they demand, we shouldn't stoop to their level. Don't compromise, don't let it stop you from open carrying but lets not be antagonistic about it.

No, I do it to piss ignorant, arrogant liberals off! Why? Because I am sick & tired of these limp wristed Lib's dictating to me how I need to be. Or how my actions make them uncomfortable. SCREW THEM!Their actions make me uncomfortable, except I don't go and lobby for laws to restricttheir actions.

I personally haveissues withthe fact that I have to have a "Permit" to carry a firearm concealed. I say the 2nd Amendment IS my CPL and my CCW and my CWP! With out the 2nd amendment, we cannot defend the rest of our rights! Prior to 1938 the sight of an armed American was normal, expected & to be honest required. But, thanks to J. Edgar Hoover &the Unconstitutional passing of the Interstate Commerce Act & the passing of the Federal Firearms Act of 1934, we have to havepermits & worry about offending others while we exercise our personal rights given to us by God.

Allow me to tell you a story of my experiences while I was stationed in California. While walking my dog in a section of Oakland close to the Naval base that I was stationed at, I came across 3 males sexually assaulting a female at gun point. With out a word, I drew my weapon, fired and killed the man holding the the gun on the woman, and then held the other two men at bay while waiting for the police to arrive. During the course of the police investigating the scene, this woman's friend/lover what have you arrived and began to become verbally abusive to just about everyone there, including me, the person who just saved her friends life. Before she finished, this lady had the audacity to demand that I be arrested because I was carrying a firearm. It turns out the 2 women were lobbists for
Senator Lautenberg and helped write the Lautenburg Amendment. No thanks, no glad you came along when you did, just "Office I demand that this man be arrested because he shot and killed an armed assailent"!

So, yes, I open carry to piss liberals off, and to excercise my 1st & 2nd amendment

sudden valley gunner

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:

No, I do it to piss ignorant, arrogant liberals off! Why? Because I am sick & tired of these limp wristed Lib's dictating to me how I need to be. Or how my actions make them uncomfortable. SCREW THEM!Their actions make me uncomfortable, except I don't go and lobby for laws to restricttheir actions.

I personally haveissues withthe fact that I have to have a "Permit" to carry a firearm concealed. I say the 2nd Amendment IS my CPL and my CCW and my CWP! With out the 2nd amendment, we cannot defend the rest of our rights! Prior to 1938 the sight of an armed American was normal, expected & to be honest required. But, thanks to J. Edgar Hoover &the Unconstitutional passing of the Interstate Commerce Act & the passing of the Federal Firearms Act of 1934, we have to havepermits & worry about offending others while we exercise our personal rights given to us by God.

Allow me to tell you a story of my experiences while I was stationed in California. While walking my dog in a section of Oakland close to the Naval base that I was stationed at, I came across 3 males sexually assaulting a female at gun point. With out a word, I drew my weapon, fired and killed the man holding the the gun on the woman, and then held the other two men at bay while waiting for the police to arrive. During the course of the police investigating the scene, this woman's friend/lover what have you arrived and began to become verbally abusive to just about everyone there, including me, the person who just saved her friends life. Before she finished, this lady had the audacity to demand that I be arrested because I was carrying a firearm. It turns out the 2 women were lobbists for
Senator Lautenberg and helped write the Lautenburg Amendment. No thanks, no glad you came along when you did, just "Office I demand that this man be arrested because he shot and killed an armed assailent"!

So, yes, I open carry to piss liberals off, and to excercise my 1st & 2nd amendment
I never meant no personal attack on you, just stating my position on open carry.

What year and in What town did this happen. What was the outcome you left us hanging. Where you arrested, Prosecuted, fined, What?

2ndAmendmentDefender

imported post

This happened in May of 1995 while I was stationed at NAS Alameda, CA. I had to surrender my weapon during the investigation, I was not arrested, or charged. I did however have to hire an attorney because the family of the man I killed filed suit against me for wrongfull death. After all was said and done, The jury ruled in my favor. It took almost 6 months to get my weapon back from the police department.

David.Car

imported post

Because I don't think I should be forced to try and hide my firearm under the proper clothing. I am more comfortable not trying to tuck it in or behind something. And I am not buying a smaller firearm just so sheeple can be happy with it not being seen.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

This happened in May of 1995 while I was stationed at NAS Alameda, CA. I had to surrender my weapon during the investigation, I was not arrested, or charged. I did however have to hire an attorney because the family of the man I killed filed suit against me for wrongfull death. After all was said and done, The jury ruled in my favor. It took almost 6 months to get my weapon back from the police department.

Newspaper clippings please. Not that I want to doubt you... quite the contrary, I would love to support you... but I cannot if I think that a story is made up.

You can scan the clippings and then blank out your name...