Thread: New to Tucson

Post imported post

I just moved here to Tucson from Florida. Florida has very strict gun laws and it is nice to be in a state where the laws uphold our rights as U.S. citizens. I am originally from Texas where, as I'm sure you know, we love our guns but again doesn't allow OCing. I have been here for just a few days now and love that I can OC here. It still feels kind of strange to OC and not CC but its nice to do it legal. Just wondering on AZ CWP's how hard is it to get one. In Florida they have many restrictions that make it very difficult and takes as long as 6 months to get. BTW I carry a Ruger P85. This site is great and cant wait to get in on some OCing events.

Post imported post

Welcome! Only seem to be a few of us in the Tucson area. Are you Air Force or Border Patrol? I'll buy you lunch on D-M AFB, P.M. me if you don't want it to be a public announcement.

Post imported post

I am neither just a guy with a gun

Post imported post

Well, I'm pretty new in town myself, only been here two years.

There's an OC dinner meet in Casa Grande this weekend, don't know if I'll make it or not, but I'm sure you'd be welcome.

There's a thread on it around here somewhere...

Post imported post

'Takes about two weeks to process a AZ CWP. Your FL CCW is good here... but you should get the AZ parmit. It makes it easier to buy new guns and eliminates any 'gray' areas.

Post imported post

What Sonora said and welcome to the Desert.
    If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance.

Post imported post

Welcome to Tucson, the liberal armpit of an otherwise glorious state. You'll learn that despite the very vocal liberal weenies walking around town, you will have absolutely no problem exercising you second amendment rights here. We're slowing turning things around, soon we'll be rid of our joke of a city council and catch up with the rest of the state in terms of "right" thinking folks.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Your Florida permit is valid in AZ until you become an AZ resident, whenever that is. At that point, your Florida permit is not valid in AZ anymore.