• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to Tucson

Topher512

imported post

I just moved here to Tucson from Florida. Florida has very strict gun laws and it is nice to be in a state where the laws uphold our rights as U.S. citizens. I am originally from Texas where, as I'm sure you know, we love our guns but again doesn't allow OCing. I have been here for just a few days now and love that I can OC here. It still feels kind of strange to OC and not CC but its nice to do it legal. Just wondering on AZ CWP's how hard is it to get one. In Florida they have many restrictions that make it very difficult and takes as long as 6 months to get. BTW I carry a Ruger P85. This site is great and cant wait to get in on some OCing events.

PavePusher

imported post

Welcome! Only seem to be a few of us in the Tucson area. Are you Air Force or Border Patrol? I'll buy you lunch on D-M AFB, P.M. me if you don't want it to be a public announcement.

PavePusher

imported post

Well, I'm pretty new in town myself, only been here two years.

There's an OC dinner meet in Casa Grande this weekend, don't know if I'll make it or not, but I'm sure you'd be welcome.

There's a thread on it around here somewhere...

Sonora Rebel

imported post

'Takes about two weeks to process a AZ CWP. Your FL CCW is good here... but you should get the AZ parmit. It makes it easier to buy new guns and eliminates any 'gray' areas.

Dahwg

imported post

Welcome to Tucson, the liberal armpit of an otherwise glorious state. You'll learn that despite the very vocal liberal weenies walking around town, you will have absolutely no problem exercising you second amendment rights here. We're slowing turning things around, soon we'll be rid of our joke of a city council and catch up with the rest of the state in terms of "right" thinking folks.

Notso

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Your Florida permit is valid in AZ until you become an AZ resident, whenever that is. At that point, your Florida permit is not valid in AZ anymore.