Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 63

Thread: Irresponsible

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    3

    Post imported post

    So I own 3 guns and enjoy hunting. I really like to be safe and find no reason to brandish a weapon around town and show off my guns. This is what it boils down to by the way is showing off your guns so don't bother with any other arguement like these bandwagon issues:

    Self defense? If someone was to come into my house and wanted to steal items I wouldn't shoot them because in Wisconsin there is a good chance that I would go to prison for a long time, I work in the prison system and have seen cases like this. If they wanted to hurt my family that would be a different story, but I'd more than likely be sued by their family as well.

    Infringing on your rights to bear arms? Nobody is infringing on the 2nd amendment we have other issues in this country more important than owning a gun. If you really want to shoot an automatic weapon you can get the collectors permit; or join the military like I did. In the military you'll shoot so much it won't even be fun anymore to plink with an auto.

    I'm not saying you all are idiots, but it only takes one negative incident of this open carry crap, some show off at a bar, an unstable individual at some rally, or just a plain old accident and you wreck it for everyone, including die hard hunters, so please be careful.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,170

    Post imported post

    Why don't you engage in some conversation with the proponents of Open-Carry and learn a few things.

    or is this simplya "drive-by blurting" where you have zero plans to stick around and learn?

    Maybe you missed the news about the Mayor of Milwaukee being beaten outside of State Fair Park? It shows that violence can happen to anyone? If it was you in the mayors situation, what would you have done to protect your family? I know Iwould have been forced to unholster my firearm and stop the attack. Would you have simply become a victim?

    Maybe you can tell me what is so special about Wisconsin that people are not allowed a proper avenue to defend themselves against criminals while 48 other states do allow people to defend themselves? 46 states allow open-carry, 48 states allow concealed carry. Do you feel we do not have a criminal element in WI? or we do not have the right to defend ourselves and our loved ones?



  3. #3
    Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Right Behind You!, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,818

    Post imported post

    Iliketohunt wrote:
    So I own 3 guns and enjoy hunting. I really like to be safe and find no reason to brandish a weapon around town and show off my guns. This is what it boils down to by the way is showing off your guns so don't bother with any other arguement like these bandwagon issues:

    Self defense? If someone was to come into my house and wanted to steal items I wouldn't shoot them because in Wisconsin there is a good chance that I would go to prison for a long time, I work in the prison system and have seen cases like this. If they wanted to hurt my family that would be a different story, but I'd more than likely be sued by their family as well.

    Infringing on your rights to bear arms? Nobody is infringing on the 2nd amendment we have other issues in this country more important than owning a gun. If you really want to shoot an automatic weapon you can get the collectors permit; or join the military like I did. In the military you'll shoot so much it won't even be fun anymore to plink with an auto.

    I'm not saying you all are idiots, but it only takes one negative incident of this open carry crap, some show off at a bar, an unstable individual at some rally, or just a plain old accident and you wreck it for everyone, including die hard hunters, so please be careful.
    Either you should change your screen name to "IliketoTROLL" or you are the one who is clueless. Your foolish use of the word "brandish" says as much.

    If you'd bother to actually read this forum instead of making this your first post you'd understand why we believe what we do.

    If you'd bother to actually keep in touch with the legislator you'd see that a castle doctrine law is making it's way through now, to keep a law abiding citizen in defense of his family out of jail.

    If you'd bother to actually look up the term "infringe" in the dictionary, you'd see that our rights have been needlessly infringed upon for years in the form of prior restraint and that automatic weapons arejust a tinypart of it.

    If you'd bother to actually read your own arguments, you'd see that you sound just like one of the anti-gunners in the brady campaign or how about an example you'd understand? PETA.

    If you'd bother to actuallly read the founding documents you'd find out that hunting has absolutely nothing to do with the 2nd ammendment.



    Now, come back when you're not ignorant and stuck in your own little world. You haven't the right, the fortitude, nor any facts on your side to critisize what we believe in.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Lex malla, lex nulla

  4. #4
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New Berlin, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    844

    Post imported post

    I smell a Bunker.

    Classic troll post.

    Taken right from the textbook of how a liberal should infiltrate a freedom/gun rights forum to troll:

    Step 1:Lower defenses by picking a seemingly 'pro-gun' username like "I like to hunt"

    Step 2: Further use 'soft offense' tactic of stating that you own guns and participate in some firearms related sports. This will further disguise your anti-rights position by playing into the classic misconceptions that gun-rights have ANYTHING to do with hunting. You'll really only be fooling yourself that you are positions yourself as "one of them" but remember you are a liberal and your feelings are most important here.

    Step 3: Once you think you've positioned yourself behind the initial skepticism of being anti-gun, as "a hunter" then release a non-sense false-assumption laden tirade where you support all the factless gun-myths. None of which can be supported by facts.

    Step 4: CAUTION: Do not attempt to assert all your baseless freedom-ignorant myth-supporting opinions in your first post. Its a red-flag that you are just a liberal troll disguising yourself as pro-gun to spew unsubstantiated misinformation.



  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    3

    Post imported post

    Right I see your arguement for the mayor, have you ever pulled a weapon on someone? I know I would and couldif my family or my life was in danger, but you are missing my point. My problem with the whole carrying around weapons at political rallies or other public places is that there is no reason for it. Are you in danger for your life at a political rally or speech? Nope. Do I think Wisoconsin is safer than places like Florida or California? Yup. Yes I do feel safe going outside without my Ruger because I live in a civilized area, I wouldn't think someone is going to shoot me for the jollies of it. They are looking for money or valuables, which I would gladly hand over to them. Do I think brutal crimes are committed in Wisconsin? Yup. Rarely.

    It only takes a few to ruin something for the whole of us.... keep brandishing weapons till an accident happens or someone shoots the wrong person or a kid mistakenly gets his face blown off. I know my stance on this subject...it is foolish and you are teaching your kids that playing with guns (and you are playing)in public is ok. You are reading this and are mad as hell right now and I don't expect you to understand, but when this damn administration takes handgun rights away because too many idiots are walking the streets with a loaded .40 strapped to their side don't cry because it will bethe result of YOUR actions

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,170

    Post imported post

    He's gone, I doubt we will ever see another sentence from him again. A typical "Drive-by blurting"

    it sounded awfully similar to what the politician from De Pere dribbled on about after the news article about repealing their preempted ordinance on firearm possession as quoted below.

    Anyone wanna betthis is the same guy?? I'll put $20.00 on it

    Mr ****,

    If you have been keeping up with the actions of the City Council, you can see that we are changing this ordinance to comply with State law, regardless of the fact that is is reckless and irresponsible. I sincerely hope that the "open carry" zealots do not have an accidental discharge that leads to a loss of life. The public backlash would be swift and extreme and could lead to all of us losing the right to own guns and hunt responsibly in rural or forested areas, not in unban downtown areas. I am a hunter and I do own guns, but I do so in a responsible manner and would never even considercarringa loaded gun around in heavily populated areas. Some people seem to think that you need a gun for personal protection. I am certain that you will not be mauled by a bear in downtown De Pere. Also we have a low crime rate so you have very little chance of being held up here. I cannot speak to the lawlessness of octogenarian friendly Florida, but here you do not need a firearm for daily protection. I have been just fine for 36 years, so the few months you have been here I am sure you have been just fine and will continue to be so.


    The ordinance has to be changed, I cannot do anything about that, but please do not screw up responsible hunting for the rest of us who choose to be smart about how we handle our firearms. I have already had the pleasure to be contacted by other open carry activists. They have their agenda, as you seem to as well, andI have mine. Cut out the public stupidity with your guns and do notgive cause for the courts to someday take away my rightto hunt in a responsible manner. This is my opinion and is not the opinion of the rest of the De Pere City Council.
    Carl Castelic



  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    3

    Post imported post

    Right on you got me figured out don't you. I'm a little liberal ignorant wuss, I came here to rant my "liberal" views how dare I?

  8. #8
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New Berlin, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    844

    Post imported post

    It only takes a few to ruin something for the whole of us....
    Have they banned cars because a few people drink and drive?
    keep brandishing weapons till an accident happens or someone shoots the wrong person or a kid mistakenly gets his face blown off.
    No one is brandishing anything. Holstered handguns don't "shoot the wrong person or mistakenly blow kids faces off"


    I know my stance on this subject...it is foolish and you are teaching your kids that playing with guns (and you are playing)in public is ok.
    You're pretty quick with the baseless assumptions aren't you? I'm not sure on this, but I reckon you aren't "god" so you don't get to decide what is, or what isn't. You are entitled to your ignorant opinion (in my opinion of course) but don't pretend for one second that you KNOW what WE are or are not teaching our kids.
    You are reading this and are mad as hell right now
    No pal... actually I'm shaking my head and laughing at you... coming in here, first post out of the starting block on a tirade using hyperbole and exageration and flat-out misinformation and false observations to make a point.
    and I don't expect you to understand
    DITTO!
    , but when this damn administration takes handgun rights away because too many idiots are walking the streets with a loaded .40 strapped to their side don't cry because it will bethe result of YOUR actions
    If we can't walk down the street with a sidearm, our rights have ALREADY been taken away? So your conjecture makes absolutely NO sense my friend. None. Look... Don't worry my little self-centered hunter. You're right tohunt is almost never under attack. Hell, all but the most liberal of liberal politicians know that an anti-hunting stance is kryptonite for an elected official. Why don't you stop being a selfish bastard and think about EVERYONE's RIGHTS, not just the rights that YOU choose to exercise.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    9,193

    Post imported post

    Y'all make me so proud

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chilton, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    3,481

    Post imported post

    Amen to that Brass!

    I also work in the Wisconsin prison system and I see every day, an extreme reason why we should be able to carry a fire arm to protect ourselves.

    I am not sure which prison you have worked in, but I am sure that with the above post you are more then likely a state employee that fraternizes with the inmates.

    I have worked at Green bay Correctional ( the worst of the worst) we call it gladiator school because of the fights and riots that cause many officers and staff to defend themselves on a daily basis.

    I now work at Kettle Moraine Correctional and even though the fighting is not that bad, it is only because the inmates (most of them anyway) want the PRC board to believe that they are "A Changed Man." In reality the larger percentage usually end up coming back shortly after release.

    Because prison has taught them nothing except how to beat the system.

    I am a hunter as well. what the hell does that have to do with protecting yourself and your family?

    As a correctional officer, and by the way you represent yourself I am sure you are a "new" officer right out of the academy, have you yet had the experience of being stopped for a traffic violation while in your uniform?

    For the most part, Police Officers treat us as though we were the inmates. Even though the state considers us to be law enforcement, our fellow police officers think because they are on the street and carrying a fire arm and we cannot carry a fire arm in the prisons that we are below them rather than equals.

    Now if the police treat us in that manner then it is obvious they have no intention of protecting us either.

    I am a sergeant with the DOC and I have received numerous threats against myself and my family. All of which are documented.

    Do you actually think that any of the gang members would not follow through on these threats if they had the opportunity?

    If you believe that then you are the one that is irresponsible and naive.

    Maybe once you are in the system for a while you will grow to understand just how important it is to defend yourself. Maybe after a riot or two or some serious fights were (God forbid) yourself or other staff get hurt. I hope this isn't what it takes for you to learn how important these issues are. If it is what it takes then you need to find a new job, because you are the type that runs from a fight on the inside and fails to be there for your co workers.

    And we all know what happens to that type of person now don't we?

  11. #11
    Regular Member Yooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houghton County, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    808

    Post imported post

    Let's see.....a gun in a holster is NOT brandishing, nor is it disorderly conduct, at least according to the highest law enforcement officer in the state.

    How many times have you heard that an "accident happens or someone shoots the wrong person or a kid mistakenly gets his face blown off."?

    MILLIONS of people in this country LAWFULLY carry weapons every day.
    Most are concealed, but many are not. Since WI doesn't allow concealed weapons, the only option is in the open.

    Infact several states, such as MI and VA, the only way you can legally carry into some places is by openly carrying, even though they generally allow concealed carry.

    The quacks on the news have been focusing on those open carrying at political events, but nothing has happened. Why don't they focus on how many CONCEALED weapons are there? Why haven't they brought that up? Out of sight, out of mind I guess? They're not smart enough to figure it out.

    Iliketohunt, your statements sound just like that of an anti-gun individual. Gun owners know that gun accidents are at all time lows. We don't use terms like "face blown off". That's anti-gun talk. Trying to hit on peoples emotiongs rather than debating FACTS.

    If we are so dangerous for carrying guns, why has NO state who has passed, or allowed citizens to carry repealed those laws? Infact, most are expanding where people can carry.
    Rand Paul 2016

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,170

    Post imported post

    Right I see your arguement for the mayor, have you ever pulled a weapon on someone?
    The very sad truth is YES! Ihave beenforced to draw my firearm on another human being to defend myself. I found out during his trial he had killed a woman earlier the same day he confronted me.
    Are you in danger for your life at a political rally or speech?
    See, this is where you just don't understand. The people you see carrying at political events are notgoing armed just for that event, they are armed every day of their life no matter where they go, or what they are doing. I keep afire extinguisher in my truck even though I do not expect it to burst into flames. I wear seat-belts even though I do not plan on being involved in a wreck.

    ILTH,
    Do you believe people have the right to defend themselves against criminals? If so, what do you feel is a proper toolfor self-defense?
    If you believe people do NOT have the right to self-defense, how have you come to that conclusion?

  13. #13
    Regular Member Carcharodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Neenah, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    189

    Post imported post

    Brass Magnet wrote:

    If you'd bother to actuallly read the founding documents you'd find out that hunting has absolutely nothing to do with the 2nd ammendment.

    Thank You! I hate it when I see the 2nd amendment brought up in the same sentence as hunting.

    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

    "have you ever pulled a weapon on someone? I know I would and couldif my family or my life was in danger"..."My problem with the whole carrying around weapons at... public places is that there is no reason for it"-Iliketohunt

    Huh? I think it would be pretty difficult to pull a weapon that you are so against carrying. May be you could ask the attacker to come back during the 9 day gun hunt. I'm sure he would oblige, just be sure to ask for enough time to open your trunk,uncase and load your gun. I have seen this work on many occasions. Right.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
    Thomas Jefferson

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chilton, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    3,481

    Post imported post

    Iliketohunt wrote:
    Right I see your arguement for the mayor, have you ever pulled a weapon on someone? I know I would and couldif my family or my life was in danger, but you are missing my point.

    Yes I have and the way you are posting here I doubt you would have the courage to defend yourself since you already said you would give them your money and credit cards.... Therefore you willingly support crime!

    My problem with the whole carrying around weapons at political rallies or other public places is that there is no reason for it. Are you in danger for your life at a political rally or speech? Nope.

    The reason is for expression and exercising your 1st Amendment rights to show that we have the 2nd Amendment right to guarantee all other rights.

    Do I think Wisoconsin is safer than places like Florida or California? Yup. Yes I do feel safe going outside without my Ruger because I live in a civilized area, I wouldn't think someone is going to shoot me for the jollies of it.

    Proof of just how naive you really are, ever heard of drive bys in Milwaukee, Racine, or how about the little village of Hilbert Wisconsin? By the way which Ruger are you refering to the Mini 14 that the DOC uses? You can't take that home with you!

    They are looking for money or valuables, which I would gladly hand over to them. Do I think brutal crimes are committed in Wisconsin? Yup. Rarely.

    Proof that you support crime and are obviously in the wrong profession as this pretty much indicates that you would bring in contraband for an inmate. As far as the rarely committed brutal crimes, you been sleeping on the job idiot. What about the likes of Avery, Nichols, the body snatchers in Milwaukee? The list goes on for ever. Even the assault on the mayor of Milwaukee was brutal!

    It only takes a few to ruin something for the whole of us....

    Your right! It only takes a few to start giving up their rights and then the whole corrupt government will try to take them all away.

    keep brandishing weapons till an accident happens or someone shoots the wrong person or a kid mistakenly gets his face blown off. I know my stance on this subject...it is foolish and you are teaching your kids that playing with guns (and you are playing)in public is ok.

    You need to look up the definition of Brandishing. If you don't know how to use the dictionary ask one of us we will help you out with that. Or you could ask one of your inmate friends I am sure they will help you out for what ever contraband you bring in for them. I know maybe you could bring in your cell phone and let them make some calls!

    You are reading this and are mad as hell right now and I don't expect you to understand

    The only thing I am mad as hell about is that stupid lazy Americans like you who are to stupid and lazy to exercise yourrights come into a forum like this and try to impose your half assed ideologies when you haven't the slightest clue what the hell you are talking about.

    , but when this damn administration takes handgun rights away because too many idiots are walking the streets with a loaded .40 strapped to their side don't cry because it will bethe result of YOUR actions

    All I can say to that is......Molon Labe!

  15. #15
    Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Right Behind You!, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,818

    Post imported post

    Isn't this thread locked yet?

    Guys,

    The Troll is substantially outwitted, and outclassed here. He doesn’t realize the extent at which the members here know their rights and the law. He has no idea what he’s talking about and it’s patently obvious. It’s too bad that his beliefs are backed with misinformation but it’s not our problem if he doesn’t want to cure his ignorance.

    Don't bother to feed him anymore.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Lex malla, lex nulla

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    949

    Post imported post

    Iliketohunt wrote:
    Have you ever pulled a weapon on someone? I know I would and could
    No, you could not. How could you pull a weapon you are not carrying?

    Your posts do not even make sense. Please engage brain, then write.

  17. #17
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Greenfield, WI / Grand Forks, ND, ,
    Posts
    218

    Post imported post

    There's no such thing as a "collectors permit" for a fully-automatic weapon. Just wanted to clarify that, as most OC points were addressed already.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Appleton, WI
    Posts
    276

    Post imported post

    i wish everyone knew how many people actually carry daily open and concealed...

    they think there are a lot of guns now? lol

    shed some light on them about how many are in the hands of law-abiding citizens! a lot more!



    oh well

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Eau Claire, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    18

    Post imported post

    Iliketohunt wrote:
    Right I see your arguement for the mayor, have you ever pulled a weapon on someone? I know I would and could*if my family or my life was in danger, but you are missing my point. My problem with the whole carrying around weapons at political rallies or other public places is that there is no reason for it. Are you in danger for your life at a political rally or speech? Nope. Do I think Wisoconsin is safer than places like Florida or California? Yup. Yes I do feel safe going outside without my Ruger because I live in a civilized area, I wouldn't think someone is going to shoot me for the jollies of it. They are looking for money or valuables, which I would gladly hand over to them. Do I think brutal crimes are committed in Wisconsin? Yup. Rarely.
    I know what you mean. Why only Monday 3 were killed in Menomonie WI by a gang member from Minnesota. Town of 30,000 in the middle of nowhere; guy walks into a house and blew three young people away and wounded another. and just a couple days after the Mayor of Milwaukee gets pummeled with a pipe in public, and in-between only a few hundred muggings took place. So I know what you mean that brutal crimes are RARELY committed here in bucolic, tame, and OZ-like WI. Get your head out of the sand and get back to work in the prison food service area, 'cause anyone who actually works as a guard or with the GP is aware of exactly how much crime happens here in safe old Wisconsin, and CERTAINLY would not have the idyllic view of our safety that you have.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    1,155

    Post imported post

    What the hell, might as well feed the troll:

    Iliketohunt wrote:
    Do I think brutal crimes are committed in Wisconsin? Yup. Rarely.
    Well, according to the U.S. Census Bureau numbers ([url=http://www.census.gov/statab/ranks/rank21.html[/url]), Wisconsin ranked 32 out of 50 in violent crimes committed per 100,000 people. Doesn't exactly sound like "rarely."

    Iliketohunt furtherwrote:
    If they wanted to hurt my family that would be a different story, but I'd more than likely be sued by their family as well.
    So to avoid being sued you'd not defend yourfamily?

    Lastly, Iliketohunt wrote:
    If you really want to shoot an automatic weapon you can ... join the military like I did. In the military you'll shoot so much it won't even be fun anymore to plink with an auto.
    Really? The military lets you shoot as much as you want, when you want, and how you want? I have doubts about your having been in the military. Yes, I did "plink with an auto" while in the military, but I was in a special Army unit and in a combat zone at the time.

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sheboygan
    Posts
    72

    Post imported post

    This is the same old arguments that anti gunners have been making for as long as I can remember. We are just to stupid to control ourselves out in public. I am surprised there was no mention of streets running with blood and don't forget fights over parking spots and the inevitable dead children. these arguments are always by some one is a hunter ( which by the way is the only valid reason to own a firearm ) and of course don't forget that we are only insecure in our manhood to despite the increasing numbers of women gun owners. Personally I feel that my rights have been infringed and I am getting a little tired of it. If a person doesn't want to carry then fine but don't make a weak argument using worn out cliches and stereotypes.

  22. #22
    Regular Member AaronS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,497

    Post imported post

    Iliketohunt wrote:
    Right on you got me figured out don't you. I'm a little liberal ignorant wuss, I came here to rant my "liberal" views how dare I?
    Hey, if you ask me, you are in the correct place to bring this up. And if it helps us talk more, then that's good as well. I will not say a lot, but I would tend to feel that an M16 (ok AR)might not be the best "carry" gun to go see the Pres. I would have just stuck with my small .40 cal.That did look like a nice red dot AR though. I guess for me, I don't feel the needfor that fire power.

    I do not know where you live, as your user info is blank, but I am in North Milwaukee. The legal carry of a gun in my area, very might save my life someday. Ihope not, but in the inner city, one never knows... A very good friend of mine lives off of 55th and North Ave. Do you know the area? Nice place, you should see the junkies on 50th and center... Fun stuff, and it is all in a school zone... If you have lived in this state for your whole life, you will have a hard time understanding gun rights. It took us about 150 years, just to get this far...

    So I welcome you to keep reading the Wisconsin forum, and get to know us before you hate us. Some of us are not that bad, check it out. We are doing a highway cleanup this weekend, if you want to come.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580

    Post imported post

    apierce918 wrote:
    i wish everyone knew how many people actually carry daily open and concealed...

    they think there are a lot of guns now? lol

    shed some light on them about how many are in the hands of law-abiding citizens! a lot more!


    oh well
    Those two statements right there highlight one reason that some choose to carry at visible events, such as political rallies.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  24. #24
    Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,709

    Post imported post

    Dear ILiketoHunt:

    I too like to hunt and have done it for many years. Having had opportunity to to read all the comments I would like to respond to your post with FACTS.

    Fact: It is the states position that you can walk down ANY street with a loaded firearm as long as you are not within the 1000ft "school zone." This has been stated again and again to the Wisconsin State Supreme Court.

    Fact: We have an EXPRESS constitutional right to do so. Article 1, Section 25 States: "The people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation, or any other lawful purpose." Please notice my highlighting.

    Fact: Recently a gentleman walking down the street, with a firearm was detained, had his firearm seized, was taken to his home, and then his firearm was returned.

    Fact: (I bet Doug can cite), we are afforded EQUAL PROTECTION UNDER THE LAW. If LEO can legally disarm the individual in Madison, the can legallyDISARM THE HUNTER WALKING DOWN THE ROAD AS WELL.

    Fact: The Wisconsin State Constitution applies to the ENTIRE STATE, not just the rural areas. After all, at one time all of Wisconsin was a rural area.

    You claim you will not support those who carry for personal protection. Please consider that they probably won't support those who carry for hunting (Wisconsin divided).

    So here we (hunters) are, walking down the road with our firearms (many hunt with hand guns). If an anti hunter claims we "disturbed them" we must be detained, disarmed, and taken home. After all, we are performing the same action as the fella in Madison, walking down the road with a firearm.

    I can see your argument already, but we don't hunt in downtown Madison, you are right, and the guy in Madison wasn't hunting either.

    We Hunters had better realize, that once they take the rights from the non-huntersthey will them come after us. If I were a non-hunter and, because of the hunters lack of support, I lost my right to carry a firearm, I certainly would take the hunter's right to carryas well. Remember, gun owners are a minority, and those who hunt, are a minority of the gun owners.

    This isn't about "needs / wants." This is about rights, all our rights.

    Together we stand, divided we fall.


  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chilton, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    3,481

    Post imported post

    AaronS wrote:
    Iliketohunt wrote:
    Right on you got me figured out don't you. I'm a little liberal ignorant wuss, I came here to rant my "liberal" views how dare I?
    Hey, if you ask me, you are in the correct place to bring this up. And if it helps us talk more, then that's good as well. I will not say a lot, but I would tend to feel that an M16 (ok AR)might not be the best "carry" gun to go see the Pres. I would have just stuck with my small .40 cal.That did look like a nice red dot AR though. I guess for me, I don't feel the needfor that fire power.

    I do not know where you live, as your user info is blank, but I am in North Milwaukee. The legal carry of a gun in my area, very might save my life someday. Ihope not, but in the inner city, one never knows... A very good friend of mine lives off of 55th and North Ave. Do you know the area? Nice place, you should see the junkies on 50th and center... Fun stuff, and it is all in a school zone... If you have lived in this state for your whole life, you will have a hard time understanding gun rights. It took us about 150 years, just to get this far...

    So I welcome you to keep reading the Wisconsin forum, and get to know us before you hate us. Some of us are not that bad, check it out. We are doing a highway cleanup this weekend, if you want to come.
    Aaron,
    Didn't your parents teach you not to pet a dog who's tail is not wagging...Just kidding.

    But for the record, the 2nd Amendment says, "Right to bear arms" it doesn't say handguns only. We must not forget that.

    The message being sent to the politicians is clear, straighten up or we will take over! Simple as that!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •