• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Irresponsible

Iliketohunt

imported post

So I own 3 guns and enjoy hunting. I really like to be safe and find no reason to brandish a weapon around town and show off my guns. This is what it boils down to by the way is showing off your guns so don't bother with any other arguement like these bandwagon issues:

Self defense? If someone was to come into my house and wanted to steal items I wouldn't shoot them because in Wisconsin there is a good chance that I would go to prison for a long time, I work in the prison system and have seen cases like this. If they wanted to hurt my family that would be a different story, but I'd more than likely be sued by their family as well.

Infringing on your rights to bear arms? Nobody is infringing on the 2nd amendment we have other issues in this country more important than owning a gun. If you really want to shoot an automatic weapon you can get the collectors permit; or join the military like I did. In the military you'll shoot so much it won't even be fun anymore to plink with an auto.

I'm not saying you all are idiots, but it only takes one negative incident of this open carry crap, some show off at a bar, an unstable individual at some rally, or just a plain old accident and you wreck it for everyone, including die hard hunters, so please be careful.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Why don't you engage in some conversation with the proponents of Open-Carry and learn a few things.

or is this simplya "drive-by blurting" where you have zero plans to stick around and learn?

Maybe you missed the news about the Mayor of Milwaukee being beaten outside of State Fair Park? It shows that violence can happen to anyone? If it was you in the mayors situation, what would you have done to protect your family? I know Iwould have been forced to unholster my firearm and stop the attack. Would you have simply become a victim?

Maybe you can tell me what is so special about Wisconsin that people are not allowed a proper avenue to defend themselves against criminals while 48 other states do allow people to defend themselves? 46 states allow open-carry, 48 states allow concealed carry. Do you feel we do not have a criminal element in WI? or we do not have the right to defend ourselves and our loved ones?

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Iliketohunt wrote:
So I own 3 guns and enjoy hunting. I really like to be safe and find no reason to brandish a weapon around town and show off my guns. This is what it boils down to by the way is showing off your guns so don't bother with any other arguement like these bandwagon issues:

Self defense? If someone was to come into my house and wanted to steal items I wouldn't shoot them because in Wisconsin there is a good chance that I would go to prison for a long time, I work in the prison system and have seen cases like this. If they wanted to hurt my family that would be a different story, but I'd more than likely be sued by their family as well.

Infringing on your rights to bear arms? Nobody is infringing on the 2nd amendment we have other issues in this country more important than owning a gun. If you really want to shoot an automatic weapon you can get the collectors permit; or join the military like I did. In the military you'll shoot so much it won't even be fun anymore to plink with an auto.

I'm not saying you all are idiots, but it only takes one negative incident of this open carry crap, some show off at a bar, an unstable individual at some rally, or just a plain old accident and you wreck it for everyone, including die hard hunters, so please be careful.

Either you should change your screen name to "IliketoTROLL" or you are the one who is clueless. Your foolish use of the word "brandish" says as much.

If you'd bother to actually read this forum instead of making this your first post you'd understand why we believe what we do.

If you'd bother to actually keep in touch with the legislator you'd see that a castle doctrine law is making it's way through now, to keep a law abiding citizen in defense of his family out of jail.

If you'd bother to actually look up the term "infringe" in the dictionary, you'd see that our rights have been needlessly infringed upon for years in the form of prior restraint and that automatic weapons arejust a tinypart of it.

If you'd bother to actually read your own arguments, you'd see that you sound just like one of the anti-gunners in the brady campaign or how about an example you'd understand? PETA.

If you'd bother to actuallly read the founding documents you'd find out that hunting has absolutely nothing to do with the 2nd ammendment.

Now, come back when you're not ignorant and stuck in your own little world. You haven't the right, the fortitude, nor any facts on your side to critisize what we believe in.

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

I smell a Bunker.

Classic troll post.

Taken right from the textbook of how a liberal should infiltrate a freedom/gun rights forum to troll:

Step 1:Lower defenses by picking a seemingly 'pro-gun' username like "I like to hunt"

Step 2: Further use 'soft offense' tactic of stating that you own guns and participate in some firearms related sports. This will further disguise your anti-rights position by playing into the classic misconceptions that gun-rights have ANYTHING to do with hunting. You'll really only be fooling yourself that you are positions yourself as "one of them" but remember you are a liberal and your feelings are most important here.

Step 3: Once you think you've positioned yourself behind the initial skepticism of being anti-gun, as "a hunter" then release a non-sense false-assumption laden tirade where you support all the factless gun-myths. None of which can be supported by facts.

Step 4: CAUTION: Do not attempt to assert all your baseless freedom-ignorant myth-supporting opinions in your first post. Its a red-flag that you are just a liberal troll disguising yourself as pro-gun to spew unsubstantiated misinformation.

Iliketohunt

imported post

Right I see your arguement for the mayor, have you ever pulled a weapon on someone? I know I would and couldif my family or my life was in danger, but you are missing my point. My problem with the whole carrying around weapons at political rallies or other public places is that there is no reason for it. Are you in danger for your life at a political rally or speech? Nope. Do I think Wisoconsin is safer than places like Florida or California? Yup. Yes I do feel safe going outside without my Ruger because I live in a civilized area, I wouldn't think someone is going to shoot me for the jollies of it. They are looking for money or valuables, which I would gladly hand over to them. Do I think brutal crimes are committed in Wisconsin? Yup. Rarely.

It only takes a few to ruin something for the whole of us.... keep brandishing weapons till an accident happens or someone shoots the wrong person or a kid mistakenly gets his face blown off. I know my stance on this subject...it is foolish and you are teaching your kids that playing with guns (and you are playing)in public is ok. You are reading this and are mad as hell right now and I don't expect you to understand, but when this damn administration takes handgun rights away because too many idiots are walking the streets with a loaded .40 strapped to their side don't cry because it will bethe result of YOUR actions

Nutczak

imported post

He's gone, I doubt we will ever see another sentence from him again. A typical "Drive-by blurting"

it sounded awfully similar to what the politician from De Pere dribbled on about after the news article about repealing their preempted ordinance on firearm possession as quoted below.

Anyone wanna betthis is the same guy?? I'll put $20.00 on it

Mr ****,

If you have been keeping up with the actions of the City Council, you can see that we are changing this ordinance to comply with State law, regardless of the fact that is is reckless and irresponsible. I sincerely hope that the "open carry" zealots do not have an accidental discharge that leads to a loss of life. The public backlash would be swift and extreme and could lead to all of us losing the right to own guns and hunt responsibly in rural or forested areas, not in unban downtown areas. I am a hunter and I do own guns, but I do so in a responsible manner and would never even considercarringa loaded gun around in heavily populated areas. Some people seem to think that you need a gun for personal protection. I am certain that you will not be mauled by a bear in downtown De Pere. Also we have a low crime rate so you have very little chance of being held up here. I cannot speak to the lawlessness of octogenarian friendly Florida, but here you do not need a firearm for daily protection. I have been just fine for 36 years, so the few months you have been here I am sure you have been just fine and will continue to be so.

The ordinance has to be changed, I cannot do anything about that, but please do not screw up responsible hunting for the rest of us who choose to be smart about how we handle our firearms. I have already had the pleasure to be contacted by other open carry activists. They have their agenda, as you seem to as well, andI have mine. Cut out the public stupidity with your guns and do notgive cause for the courts to someday take away my rightto hunt in a responsible manner. This is my opinion and is not the opinion of the rest of the De Pere City Council.
Carl Castelic

Iliketohunt

imported post

Right on you got me figured out don't you. I'm a little liberal ignorant wuss, I came here to rant my "liberal" views how dare I?

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

It only takes a few to ruin something for the whole of us....
Have they banned cars because a few people drink and drive?
keep brandishing weapons till an accident happens or someone shoots the wrong person or a kid mistakenly gets his face blown off.
No one is brandishing anything. Holstered handguns don't "shoot the wrong person or mistakenly blow kids faces off"

I know my stance on this subject...it is foolish and you are teaching your kids that playing with guns (and you are playing)in public is ok.
You're pretty quick with the baseless assumptions aren't you? I'm not sure on this, but I reckon you aren't "god" so you don't get to decide what is, or what isn't. You are entitled to your ignorant opinion (in my opinion of course) but don't pretend for one second that you KNOW what WE are or are not teaching our kids.
You are reading this and are mad as hell right now
No pal... actually I'm shaking my head and laughing at you... coming in here, first post out of the starting block on a tirade using hyperbole and exageration and flat-out misinformation and false observations to make a point.
and I don't expect you to understand
DITTO!
, but when this damn administration takes handgun rights away because too many idiots are walking the streets with a loaded .40 strapped to their side don't cry because it will bethe result of YOUR actions

If we can't walk down the street with a sidearm, our rights have ALREADY been taken away? So your conjecture makes absolutely NO sense my friend. None. Look... Don't worry my little self-centered hunter. You're right tohunt is almost never under attack. Hell, all but the most liberal of liberal politicians know that an anti-hunting stance is kryptonite for an elected official. Why don't you stop being a selfish bastard and think about EVERYONE's RIGHTS, not just the rights that YOU choose to exercise.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Amen to that Brass!

I also work in the Wisconsin prison system and I see every day, an extreme reason why we should be able to carry a fire arm to protect ourselves.

I am not sure which prison you have worked in, but I am sure that with the above post you are more then likely a state employee that fraternizes with the inmates.

I have worked at Green bay Correctional ( the worst of the worst) we call it gladiator school because of the fights and riots that cause many officers and staff to defend themselves on a daily basis.

I now work at Kettle Moraine Correctional and even though the fighting is not that bad, it is only because the inmates (most of them anyway) want the PRC board to believe that they are "A Changed Man." In reality the larger percentage usually end up coming back shortly after release.

Because prison has taught them nothing except how to beat the system.

I am a hunter as well. what the hell does that have to do with protecting yourself and your family?

As a correctional officer, and by the way you represent yourself I am sure you are a "new" officer right out of the academy, have you yet had the experience of being stopped for a traffic violation while in your uniform?

For the most part, Police Officers treat us as though we were the inmates. Even though the state considers us to be law enforcement, our fellow police officers think because they are on the street and carrying a fire arm and we cannot carry a fire arm in the prisons that we are below them rather than equals.

Now if the police treat us in that manner then it is obvious they have no intention of protecting us either.

I am a sergeant with the DOC and I have received numerous threats against myself and my family. All of which are documented.

Do you actually think that any of the gang members would not follow through on these threats if they had the opportunity?

If you believe that then you are the one that is irresponsible and naive.

Maybe once you are in the system for a while you will grow to understand just how important it is to defend yourself. Maybe after a riot or two or some serious fights were (God forbid) yourself or other staff get hurt. I hope this isn't what it takes for you to learn how important these issues are. If it is what it takes then you need to find a new job, because you are the type that runs from a fight on the inside and fails to be there for your co workers.

And we all know what happens to that type of person now don't we?

Yooper

imported post

Let's see.....a gun in a holster is NOT brandishing, nor is it disorderly conduct, at least according to the highest law enforcement officer in the state.

How many times have you heard that an "accident happens or someone shoots the wrong person or a kid mistakenly gets his face blown off."?

MILLIONS of people in this country LAWFULLY carry weapons every day.
Most are concealed, but many are not. Since WI doesn't allow concealed weapons, the only option is in the open.

Infact several states, such as MI and VA, the only way you can legally carry into some places is by openly carrying, even though they generally allow concealed carry.

The quacks on the news have been focusing on those open carrying at political events, but nothing has happened. Why don't they focus on how many CONCEALED weapons are there? Why haven't they brought that up? Out of sight, out of mind I guess? They're not smart enough to figure it out.

Iliketohunt, your statements sound just like that of an anti-gun individual. Gun owners know that gun accidents are at all time lows. We don't use terms like "face blown off". That's anti-gun talk. Trying to hit on peoples emotiongs rather than debating FACTS.

If we are so dangerous for carrying guns, why has NO state who has passed, or allowed citizens to carry repealed those laws? Infact, most are expanding where people can carry.

Nutczak

imported post

Right I see your arguement for the mayor, have you ever pulled a weapon on someone?
The very sad truth is YES! Ihave beenforced to draw my firearm on another human being to defend myself. I found out during his trial he had killed a woman earlier the same day he confronted me.
Are you in danger for your life at a political rally or speech?

See, this is where you just don't understand. The people you see carrying at political events are notgoing armed just for that event, they are armed every day of their life no matter where they go, or what they are doing. I keep afire extinguisher in my truck even though I do not expect it to burst into flames. I wear seat-belts even though I do not plan on being involved in a wreck.

ILTH,
Do you believe people have the right to defend themselves against criminals? If so, what do you feel is a proper toolfor self-defense?
If you believe people do NOT have the right to self-defense, how have you come to that conclusion?

Carcharodon

imported post

Brass Magnet wrote:

If you'd bother to actuallly read the founding documents you'd find out that hunting has absolutely nothing to do with the 2nd ammendment.
Thank You! I hate it when I see the 2nd amendment brought up in the same sentence as hunting.

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

"have you ever pulled a weapon on someone? I know I would and couldif my family or my life was in danger"..."My problem with the whole carrying around weapons at... public places is that there is no reason for it"-Iliketohunt

Huh? I think it would be pretty difficult to pull a weapon that you are so against carrying. May be you could ask the attacker to come back during the 9 day gun hunt. I'm sure he would oblige, just be sure to ask for enough time to open your trunk,uncase and load your gun. I have seen this work on many occasions. Right.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Iliketohunt wrote:
Right I see your arguement for the mayor, have you ever pulled a weapon on someone? I know I would and couldif my family or my life was in danger, but you are missing my point.

Yes I have and the way you are posting here I doubt you would have the courage to defend yourself since you already said you would give them your money and credit cards.... Therefore you willingly support crime!

My problem with the whole carrying around weapons at political rallies or other public places is that there is no reason for it. Are you in danger for your life at a political rally or speech? Nope.

The reason is for expression and exercising your 1st Amendment rights to show that we have the 2nd Amendment right to guarantee all other rights.

Do I think Wisoconsin is safer than places like Florida or California? Yup. Yes I do feel safe going outside without my Ruger because I live in a civilized area, I wouldn't think someone is going to shoot me for the jollies of it.

Proof of just how naive you really are, ever heard of drive bys in Milwaukee, Racine, or how about the little village of Hilbert Wisconsin? By the way which Ruger are you refering to the Mini 14 that the DOC uses? You can't take that home with you!

They are looking for money or valuables, which I would gladly hand over to them. Do I think brutal crimes are committed in Wisconsin? Yup. Rarely.

Proof that you support crime and are obviously in the wrong profession as this pretty much indicates that you would bring in contraband for an inmate. As far as the rarely committed brutal crimes, you been sleeping on the job idiot. What about the likes of Avery, Nichols, the body snatchers in Milwaukee? The list goes on for ever. Even the assault on the mayor of Milwaukee was brutal!

It only takes a few to ruin something for the whole of us....

Your right! It only takes a few to start giving up their rights and then the whole corrupt government will try to take them all away.

keep brandishing weapons till an accident happens or someone shoots the wrong person or a kid mistakenly gets his face blown off. I know my stance on this subject...it is foolish and you are teaching your kids that playing with guns (and you are playing)in public is ok.

You need to look up the definition of Brandishing. If you don't know how to use the dictionary ask one of us we will help you out with that. Or you could ask one of your inmate friends I am sure they will help you out for what ever contraband you bring in for them. I know maybe you could bring in your cell phone and let them make some calls!

You are reading this and are mad as hell right now and I don't expect you to understand

The only thing I am mad as hell about is that stupid lazy Americans like you who are to stupid and lazy to exercise yourrights come into a forum like this and try to impose your half assed ideologies when you haven't the slightest clue what the hell you are talking about.

, but when this damn administration takes handgun rights away because too many idiots are walking the streets with a loaded .40 strapped to their side don't cry because it will bethe result of YOUR actions

All I can say to that is......Molon Labe!

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Isn't this thread locked yet?:)

Guys,

The Troll is substantially outwitted, and outclassed here. He doesn’t realize the extent at which the members here know their rights and the law. He has no idea what he’s talking about and it’s patently obvious. It’s too bad that his beliefs are backed with misinformation but it’s not our problem if he doesn’t want to cure his ignorance.

Don't bother to feed him anymore.

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

Iliketohunt wrote:
Have you ever pulled a weapon on someone? I know I would and could

No, you could not. How could you pull a weapon you are not carrying?

Your posts do not even make sense. Please engage brain, then write.

apierce918

imported post

i wish everyone knew how many people actually carry daily open and concealed...

they think there are a lot of guns now? lol

shed some light on them about how many are in the hands of law-abiding citizens! a lot more!

oh well

Sidearm.40

imported post

Iliketohunt wrote:
Right I see your arguement for the mayor, have you ever pulled a weapon on someone? I know I would and could if my family or my life was in danger, but you are missing my point. My problem with the whole carrying around weapons at political rallies or other public places is that there is no reason for it. Are you in danger for your life at a political rally or speech? Nope. Do I think Wisoconsin is safer than places like Florida or California? Yup. Yes I do feel safe going outside without my Ruger because I live in a civilized area, I wouldn't think someone is going to shoot me for the jollies of it. They are looking for money or valuables, which I would gladly hand over to them. Do I think brutal crimes are committed in Wisconsin? Yup. Rarely.

I know what you mean. Why only Monday 3 were killed in Menomonie WI by a gang member from Minnesota. Town of 30,000 in the middle of nowhere; guy walks into a house and blew three young people away and wounded another. and just a couple days after the Mayor of Milwaukee gets pummeled with a pipe in public, and in-between only a few hundred muggings took place. So I know what you mean that brutal crimes are RARELY committed here in bucolic, tame, and OZ-like WI. Get your head out of the sand and get back to work in the prison food service area, 'cause anyone who actually works as a guard or with the GP is aware of exactly how much crime happens here in safe old Wisconsin, and CERTAINLY would not have the idyllic view of our safety that you have.

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

What the hell, might as well feed the troll:

Iliketohunt wrote:
Do I think brutal crimes are committed in Wisconsin? Yup. Rarely.

Well, according to the U.S. Census Bureau numbers (), Wisconsin ranked 32 out of 50 in violent crimes committed per 100,000 people. Doesn't exactly sound like "rarely."

Iliketohunt further wrote:

So to avoid being sued you'd not defend yourfamily?

Lastly, Iliketohunt wrote:
If you really want to shoot an automatic weapon you can ... join the military like I did. In the military you'll shoot so much it won't even be fun anymore to plink with an auto.

Really? The military lets you shoot as much as you want, when you want, and how you want? I have doubts about your having been in the military. Yes, I did "plink with an auto" while in the military, but I was in a special Army unit and in a combat zone at the time.