• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in AZ

ecgoin

imported post

HI..I'm back....

Watch the video..Can we do this?

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/us/2009/08/18/sanchez.hancock.guns.cnn

Problems..We should have LEO support and presence. We also need media attendance.

Solutions...We need to talk with local LEO as a courtesy and to get them to be receptive of protecting our right to carry. It seems not an easy task. Since concealed carry permit holders have likely met their sheriff, I think you are the ones to initiate that contact. Don't be put off with the 1st or 2nd negative reaction. Stay on the top of their mind. The more people in any local area the better. Perhaps some sort of signed petition or statement of intent may help. I'LL SIGN. It will take some planning and meetings.

It seems meetings aren't going that well since the BBQ at Cherry Creek. Some dedication will be in order from all OCers.

Media is the other hurdle. Someone must know someone! open you phone books and root out that "someone who knows someone who has a cousin that .." Or we have to have a concerted effort to make this news worthy. Local tea parties come to mind. Again it will take some commitment and organizing from all of us. A form letter would do the job, but individual notes are far more effective in my view. Everyone just needs to be on the same page, and send their notes at about the same time. Again some meetings and communication are a must.

Do you think we can take it to that level? If not, we will be just a nearly invisible force. Still not all bad, just not as effective. I also feel there is safety in numbers, and weapons.

Laser McB

imported post

I know Jared Polis is having a Healthcare event at Whole Foods in Boulder tomorrow night at 6:30pm. If we could get enough people to go, I'm sure a call/email to the major news corps in CO would do the trick.

mahkagari

imported post

And Jared's office itself maybe. Not to mention making sure the location doesn't have a no weapons policy to begin with.

centsi

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Tried to OC to Mike Coffman's town hall here in Castle Rock on Monday. Just going inside the county building when I encountered an "By Order of the Sheriff....no firearms" sign. Could have CC'd or stayed outside with the crowd, but decided to disarm (it was too hot in the room to wear a jacket) and take part. I know there is another tea party on 9/12 in Castle Rock (www.castlerockteaparty.com). Site is within 1000' of an elem. school, so OC with a CCW only if any federally deputized LEO show up (not likely).

mahkagari

imported post

Is the Whole Foods in a school zone? Even without federal LEOs, the law is the law and we would want to put our best foot forward as law abiding citizens.

I work in Boulder and am leaning toward attending. Need to check my schedule.

centsi

Campaign Veteran
imported post

mahkagari wrote:
Is the Whole Foods in a school zone?
No idea, but looking at the address through Google Earth I don't see anything within 1000'. Someone more familiar with the area should weight in on that. Like I said though, perfectly legal with a CCW.

mahkagari

imported post

I googled "boulder school" and it didn't pull up anything close on the map. Anyone else interested?

bomber

imported post

as for the media thing, you could do a press release to all the local news channels and the denver post. that should get at least one reporter to show up.

Laser McB

imported post

Whole Foods Market
2905 Pearl Street
Boulder, CO 80301

It's on Pearl street, which is basically an outdoor mall near this area. There are no schools near this whole foods.

mahkagari

imported post

Ugh. I was making plans for this and just realized what parking is like around that area when nothing is going on. Boulder traffic just isn't worth it and my vehicle's full of firewood to be able to take my bike. Sorry, guys.

ecgoin

imported post

mahkagari wrote:

I can't make it. Looks like a good space tho.

Teaparty in Castle Rock on 9/12looks OK. Guess I can't carry, but I have some time to plan on being there. I think we should be assigned an officer to protect our rights kinda like in the video. Just in case a mob doesn't like us.

I'm also thinking we need to make fox news know we are out here time after time. They are the one news corp. to see us at Cherry Creek.

We need a meeting in the near future. Right now it looks like I have no work for the week of the 24th. I'll show up anywhere, most anytime. I can host a meet in Broomfield, I just can't promise no hassels. How about Fri. the 28th? 3 margaritas..VI..taco bell (Rockies taco deal)?