View Poll Results: Was Excessive Force Used?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 73.33%
  • No

2 13.33%
  • Undecided

2 13.33%
  • Other

0 0%

Thread: 6 Cops, 59 Shots, 43 Wounds, 1 Dead in Tenn.

Post imported post

I am not sure what to think about this: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews
    Rights are like muscles. You must EXERCISE THEM to keep them from becoming atrophied.

Post imported post

I would have to see the entire report before I could make a decision on this one. If he was in fact lying on the ground on top of the weapon and was shot in the back that doesn't seem like he was a threat but like I said I need to see the full report. 59 shots does seem like a lot to stop a threat.

Post imported post

I don't understand why so many round were fired! That's is crazy. I'll admit, I didn't read the entire article, but I wonder what kind of rifle it was he was carrying.

Post imported post

The article claimed a .44 mag. Probably one of the carbines.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

3 separate volleys of shots.

One would think a single cop could have fired one round and been done with it.

Did they really not think he was down after the first volley? Or the second?

Post imported post

Based on the news story

Each officer used a .45-caliber pistol. Some officers emptied their magazines, reloaded and fired again, while others didn't fire all their bullets, Weary said.
    that kinda says excessive.

unless he was strung out on PCP (which the news article doesnt say) a fraction of those shots fired into center mass should have been enough to stop a threat.

I said "Center mass" because arms, hands, legs, buttocks and groin are not center mass and just shows the officers were not using proper control over the situation. Besides there were 16 rounds that didnt even hit him.

The medical examiner found 43 bullet wounds in his chest, face, arms, hands, legs, buttocks and groin.
    Kinda odd how sheeple always say "only the cops should have guns since they know how to shoot them".

But all of the above is based on a news story (from Fox) so cant exactly know the truth of what happened without the dash video.

Post imported post

If he wasen`t making threating gestures with the gun they SHOULN`t HAVE SHOT a single round. And if he did ask "why are you shooting me". I would bring the video to court point out them two MAIN FACTORS and have the police sentenced for Death Row. You only need to shoot if the threat is immediate,then you stop when when there is not a threating matter anymore. It is scarry to have Police Officers out there. They aren`t there when you need them or they arrive at least 1 1/2 after anything happens. Also kinda scarry that if someone is OCing down the road a newbie police officer see`s the Handgun or Rifle freeks out and starts shooting a innocent Law abiding citizen that is just trying to protect themselves.

Police Officers are not here to Prevent a Crime, Nor are they here to defuse a situation, They are only here to apprend the Suspect after the incident happens.

Post imported post

I also what to chime in on people that think only cops shold have guns. I beg to differ on this. What if someone pulls a gun burried it into your chest and says give me everything you have? Do you have time to call the Police? Are you still alive after you handed everything you have to the guy, If you are still alive Where is the cop you called after the situation, How far away his he, What was he doing before the dispatcher sent them out to the call,

Do you seriously want to put you life in the hands of a Police Officer? More then 18,000 people get a Concealed Pistol License (CPL) daily. And there are around 750,000 people that havea CPL. Could be more but last time I talked to a CPLInstructor this is the Info he gave me.You are around more people that are armed that you dont know about.

It takes an average of 5 minutes for the dispatche to recieve a call, Gather Information on where you are, What is happining, How many people are there.and the PO respond to the call.A person with a CPL can respond within seconds, Is there to determinr the situation and react however need be.

Who would You Rather Depend On?

Post imported post

If I shot someone and unloaded the clip and then loaded and unloaded a 2nd magazine they would through me under the prison for excessive force.So yep they need to be repermended for there actions!!

MOC Charter Member - Shelby Township, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

clip? what do you carry?

Post imported post

cebu_4_2 wrote:
    Fox News which is owned by GE and the elite
    Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. owns FOX News

GE owns NBC

Big difference between the two...