• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Places in Jefferson and Berkeley Count Unfriendly to OC

alntht

imported post

I am new to this site. Wow do I wish that I had found it earlier. Consider me very open to any way I can help in supporting OC and CCW laws in West Virginia.

The reason for this post is, I'd like to compile a list of places known to not allow OC in Jefferson and Berkeley county. I will comprise everything together in two sections. The firs section will be for places that have obvious postings of their decision not to allow OC in their establishments. The second section will be for establishments that do not have any clear posting, but still ask that you leave if you are OC'n. I would like this to be a specific list. Not something like "most restaurants in this area" or something.

I will be testing businesses in the Charles Town and Martinsburg areas. I have two basic responses to businesses not allowing OC. First, if they make their decision clear before I walk in, and I still choose to go in without my gun, that's up to me. My second response is for those who don't post a sign, but ask me to leave. I will never go back to that establishment. Ever. Well, until they undo their ways.

I looked but didn't see any list like this. I hope that I'm not duplicating efforts here.

Places OK with OC:
Food Lion in Charles Town
EFI (gunsmith) in Inwood
Susquehanna Bank in Inwood

Places not allowing guns:
Waffle House in Inwwod
First United Bank in Inwood and Martinsburg

alntht

imported post

I updated the first post with one place, in which I carried last night with no issues. I hope that we do get this list going. It would be helpful to us, I think.

Shallnotbeinfringed

imported post

Welcome! Another site you may want to check out is WVCDL.org.

I'm in the Eastern Panhandle too.

Check out Valley Guns, they have a sign up forbidding OC. I haven't been there in a while so I don't remember the specific verbage, but there are multiple signs throughout the store.

bcr229

imported post

Waffle House in Inwood has a 'No Guns' sign.

The First United Bank branchesin Inwood and Martinsburg also have signs. I moved my money to Susquehanna Bank.

EFI (gunsmith/custom gun maker - http://www.ExtremeFirepower.com) in Inwood is pro-OC, though obviously anythingbeing brought in for repairs should be unloaded.

alntht

imported post

Thanks for the list. I'll add them. Sad that the waffle house is like that. I like waffle house. Good job for standing up for your rights by choosing not to deal with institutions that don't want you to exercise them :)

Susquehanna Bank is located where?

Dreamer

imported post

Funny you should mention the Waffle House as being a "non-carry zone". We were just discussing their policy on the NC forum, because in Fayetteville NC (which can get pretty dicey in ANY part of town on a weekend) the 2 Waffle Houses on Skibo Rd are essentially "designated victim zones". I worked in that area for over a year, and I've seen windows shot out at the WH, parking lots full of police cars almost every weekend, ambulances, and even roadblocks around the WHs on a pretty regular basis. In fact the WH's on Skibo are the ONLY businesses in Fayetteville that have had repeat instances of this sort of crime and mayhem.

You think it might be because of those silly little signs on their doors and above the grill?

Waffle House needs to get over themselves, and allow people to carry who can legally do so. They are making themselves known as a "defenseless victim zone", and are becoming a haven for thugs to congregate for late night snacks and mayhem...

I actualy used to plan the routes for my mid-Atlantic roadtrips around where the Waffle Houses were, when I was younger. I LOVE the Waffle House--best hash browns on the planet--but I won't be visiting them any more until they revise their carry policy. Oh, the sacrifices we make for "the cause"...  ;)