Thread: Stabbing at BP gas station on Northampton Blvd last night

Post imported post

http://hamptonroads.com/2009/08/one-...rning-va-beach

This link doesn't say much about it, but I will keep looking around for it.

I drove by this last night at about 3AM on my way home from the airport after being delayed in N.Y. for 4 hours There were no less that 10 cops on site, and I could see one guy laying on the floor inside, and there was crime scene tape everywhere. Just another reinforcement for carrying. Not that I needed another one...

Slightly off topic to my Subject line, but definitely noteworthy because of what I had heard in some other threads...

My flight was delayed in NY for 4 hours last night, but there was a chance I was going to have to wait out the night there and get a flight in the A.M. That being said, they would have to give my baggage back to me to recheck the next morning, which contained my Glock 23 that I had declared on my initial flight in Maine. I had heard horror stories about people having to re-declare their firearm in NY after getting stuck there for the night, and then getting bagged on a b.s. weapons charge.

I asked US Airways if this would be an issue, and after talking to a completely moronic supervisor, I found a TSA supervisor who said as long as I had the tag in my locked case that showed I had originally declared it in another state, I would be all set and would not be in violation of anything. I couldn't find a cop to verify this, but that was the best I could get at 1 A.M.

Post imported post

I for one wouldn't want to put it to the test. Especially if the airport is actually in NY City.

I would have probably talked to the airline representative and seen if I could check the bag with the weapon in it ahead of time. After all, you could legitimately say that you fear being arrested and possibly imprisoned due to the airline stranding you with a firearm in the middle of anti-central.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Hendu024 wrote:
    SNIP Ihad heard horror stories about people having to re-declare their firearm in NY after getting stuck there for the night, and then getting bagged on a b.s. weapons charge.
    A good write-up on this was posted on a pro-2A blog within the lastfew weeks. As I recall, the first step was to refuse to take possession of the baggage that contained the firearm. There was more advice that led to a sensible, but time consuming solution. I just cannot recall what it was.

Google might help. I cannot recall where I read about it.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Hendu024 wrote:
    SNIP Ihad heard horror stories about people having to re-declare their firearm in NY after getting stuck there for the night, and then getting bagged on a b.s. weapons charge.
    A good write-up on this was posted on a pro-2A blog within the lastfew weeks. As I recall, the first step was to refuse to take possession of the baggage that contained the firearm. There was more advice that led to a sensible, but time consuming solution. I just cannot recall what it was.

Google might help. I cannot recall where I read about it.
    Here is the article.

Post imported post

In a rational world, your gun license would be like your driver's license.
    In a rational world there would be no gun licenses at all.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post imported post

If my flight had gotten cancelled, I definitely would have made a scene about taking my bag back into my possession. As it stood, I wasn't rebooking my flight until I absolutely had to, and I was fully prepared to find a police officer and explain the deal BEFORE I had the bag in my possession. I don't trust a damn thing about N.Y. I'm just glad I ended up getting on my plane without any issues. I did learn one thing though, which is that the airline couldn't really give two $#@%'s about you or your bag, so it's up to you to go above their head to the TSA or police.

Also, the "supervisor" for U.S. Airways said that if I had to get a flight the next A.M. they are required to give me my baggage back to which I responded that I would absolutely not take possession of it in that airport and I would cause a big enough stink so that they would fly it ahead of me to Norfolk. I was a bit snappy with the guy, but he was an absolute incompetent jerk, and it was 1 A.M.

Post imported post

If it was a rational world we would not have a need for firearms. Since it is not a rational world we do have a need for them.

wylde007 wrote:
    In a rational world, your gun license would be like your driver's license.
    In a rational world there would be no gun licenses at all.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Hendu024 wrote:
    If my flight had gotten cancelled, I definitely would have made a scene about taking my bag back into my possession. As it stood, I wasn't rebooking my flight until I absolutely had to, and I was fully prepared to find a police officer and explain the deal BEFORE I had the bag in my possession. I don't trust a damn thing about N.Y. I'm just glad I ended up getting on my plane without any issues. I did learn one thing though, which is that the airline couldn't really give two $#@%'s about you or your bag, so it's up to you to go above their head to the TSA or police.

Also, the "supervisor" for U.S. Airways said that if I had to get a flight the next A.M. they are required to give me my baggage back to which I responded that I would absolutely not take possession of it in that airport and I would cause a big enough stink so that they would fly it ahead of me to Norfolk. I was a bit snappy with the guy, but he was an absolute incompetent jerk, and it was 1 A.M.
    For good reason. Check out this little police tactic. I found it via FlexYourRights.org.

Its an article on how police use a despicable little tactic tocoerce people into breaking the law so they can be arrested.

http://www.alternet.org/story/141866...age=1#comments
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote: Hmm... the next-to-last paragraph of that story says:

In the 1980s Barack Obama was a college student in New York City, living on the border of Harlem. He used marijuana, walked around the city a lot, and sometimes may have carried a bit of pot in his pocket. If the current policing policies of New York and other cities were in effect at that time, he might well have been arrested and jailed. If that had happened Barack Obama would not be president today.
    But I suppose you were trying to make the point that this tactic is a bad thing... ?

TFred

Post imported post

thnycav wrote:
    If it was a rational world we would not have a need for firearms. Since it is not a rational world we do have a need for them.

WTF!!!!!

Sure we would!!!!!!

Collecting, target shooting, hunting and all lawful purposes.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin