• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stabbing at BP gas station on Northampton Blvd last night

Hendu024

imported post

http://hamptonroads.com/2009/08/one-person-taken-hospital-after-stabbing-morning-va-beach

This link doesn't say much about it, but I will keep looking around for it.

I drove by this last night at about 3AM on my way home from the airport after being delayed in N.Y. for 4 hours :banghead: There were no less that 10 cops on site, and I could see one guy laying on the floor inside, and there was crime scene tape everywhere. Just another reinforcement for carrying. Not that I needed another one...

Slightly off topic to my Subject line, but definitely noteworthy because of what I had heard in some other threads...

My flight was delayed in NY for 4 hours last night, but there was a chance I was going to have to wait out the night there and get a flight in the A.M. That being said, they would have to give my baggage back to me to recheck the next morning, which contained my Glock 23 that I had declared on my initial flight in Maine. I had heard horror stories about people having to re-declare their firearm in NY after getting stuck there for the night, and then getting bagged on a b.s. weapons charge.

I asked US Airways if this would be an issue, and after talking to a completely moronic supervisor, I found a TSA supervisor who said as long as I had the tag in my locked case that showed I had originally declared it in another state, I would be all set and would not be in violation of anything. I couldn't find a cop to verify this, but that was the best I could get at 1 A.M.

Decoligny

imported post

I for one wouldn't want to put it to the test. Especially if the airport is actually in NY City.

I would have probably talked to the airline representative and seen if I could check the bag with the weapon in it ahead of time. After all, you could legitimately say that you fear being arrested and possibly imprisoned due to the airline stranding you with a firearm in the middle of anti-central.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hendu024 wrote:
SNIP Ihad heard horror stories about people having to re-declare their firearm in NY after getting stuck there for the night, and then getting bagged on a b.s. weapons charge.

A good write-up on this was posted on a pro-2A blog within the lastfew weeks. As I recall, the first step was to refuse to take possession of the baggage that contained the firearm. There was more advice that led to a sensible, but time consuming solution. I just cannot recall what it was.

Google might help. I cannot recall where I read about it.

Carpetbagger

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Citizen wrote:
Hendu024 wrote:
SNIP Ihad heard horror stories about people having to re-declare their firearm in NY after getting stuck there for the night, and then getting bagged on a b.s. weapons charge.

A good write-up on this was posted on a pro-2A blog within the lastfew weeks. As I recall, the first step was to refuse to take possession of the baggage that contained the firearm. There was more advice that led to a sensible, but time consuming solution. I just cannot recall what it was.

Google might help. I cannot recall where I read about it.
Here is the article.

Hendu024

imported post

If my flight had gotten cancelled, I definitely would have made a scene about taking my bag back into my possession. As it stood, I wasn't rebooking my flight until I absolutely had to, and I was fully prepared to find a police officer and explain the deal BEFORE I had the bag in my possession. I don't trust a damn thing about N.Y. I'm just glad I ended up getting on my plane without any issues. I did learn one thing though, which is that the airline couldn't really give two $#@%'s about you or your bag, so it's up to you to go above their head to the TSA or police.

Also, the "supervisor" for U.S. Airways said that if I had to get a flight the next A.M. they are required to give me my baggage back to which I responded that I would absolutely not take possession of it in that airport and I would cause a big enough stink so that they would fly it ahead of me to Norfolk. I was a bit snappy with the guy, but he was an absolute incompetent jerk, and it was 1 A.M.

thnycav

imported post

If it was a rational world we would not have a need for firearms. Since it is not a rational world we do have a need for them.

wylde007 wrote:
In a rational world, your gun license would be like your driver's license.
In a rational world there would be no gun licenses at all.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hendu024 wrote:
If my flight had gotten cancelled, I definitely would have made a scene about taking my bag back into my possession. As it stood, I wasn't rebooking my flight until I absolutely had to, and I was fully prepared to find a police officer and explain the deal BEFORE I had the bag in my possession. I don't trust a damn thing about N.Y. I'm just glad I ended up getting on my plane without any issues. I did learn one thing though, which is that the airline couldn't really give two $#@%'s about you or your bag, so it's up to you to go above their head to the TSA or police.

Also, the "supervisor" for U.S. Airways said that if I had to get a flight the next A.M. they are required to give me my baggage back to which I responded that I would absolutely not take possession of it in that airport and I would cause a big enough stink so that they would fly it ahead of me to Norfolk. I was a bit snappy with the guy, but he was an absolute incompetent jerk, and it was 1 A.M.

For good reason. Check out this little police tactic. I found it via FlexYourRights.org.

Its an article on how police use a despicable little tactic tocoerce people into breaking the law so they can be arrested.

http://www.alternet.org/story/141866/the_epidemic_of_pot_arrests_in_new_york_city/?page=1#comments

TFred

imported post

Citizen wrote:
For good reason. Check out this little police tactic. I found it via FlexYourRights.org.

Its an article on how police use a despicable little tactic tocoerce people into breaking the law so they can be arrested.

http://www.alternet.org/story/141866/the_epidemic_of_pot_arrests_in_new_york_city/?page=1#comments
Hmm... the next-to-last paragraph of that story says:

In the 1980s Barack Obama was a college student in New York City, living on the border of Harlem. He used marijuana, walked around the city a lot, and sometimes may have carried a bit of pot in his pocket. If the current policing policies of New York and other cities were in effect at that time, he might well have been arrested and jailed. If that had happened Barack Obama would not be president today.
But I suppose you were trying to make the point that this tactic is a bad thing... ?

TFred

Marco

imported post

thnycav wrote:
If it was a rational world we would not have a need for firearms. Since it is not a rational world we do have a need for them.
WTF!!!!!

Sure we would!!!!!!

Collecting, target shooting, hunting and all lawful purposes.