• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

constitutional authority & healthcare

esmart

imported post

I know this is off topic but was just thinking that as much as all of us strive for the 2nd under constitutional authority why in other aspects aren't we demanding the same. In other words when I finally go to some town hall meeting I will ask under the 17 enumerated powers of congress by which do they claim authority to enact universal health care.

AZkopper

imported post

While you are right, in that they have no ligitamit authority, they will cite the Commerce Clause--wrongly. the CC has been misconstrued and abused since FDR.

esmart

imported post

[The Congress shall have power] To regulate commerce with foreign nations, and among the several states, and with the Indian tribes

regulate used to mean make regular so if they actually did that we could buy insurance across state lines, not like it is now.