Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maybe there is hope for Seattle

Post imported post

It just could be that the Citizens of Seattle have had enough of "Mayor Quimby" (as Radio Host Dori Monson calls him).

Seems like mayor "Small Change" is running third in an election where only the top two vote-getters make it to the General Election. Could this be a sign of better things to come as we approach the "Mid-Term Elections where 1/3 of the Senate and all of the House of Representatives are up for re-election? One can only hope.

http://kuow.org/program.php?id=18220
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Post imported post

The margin is very close on the three, it can still go either way.

Post imported post

Seattle has a history with recounts in close elections.

It could be that enough votes mysteriously materialize for the slimeball to skate past the primaries.
    "I'm just a no-account screed-peddler" Dave Workman http://goo.gl/CNf6pB

"We ought to extend the [1994] assault weapons ban" George W Bush

"The Bush Administration declared a permanent ban today on almost all foreign-made semiautomatic assault rifles." George Bush Sr, New York Times on July 8, 1989

"I support the Brady bill and I urge the Congress to enact it without delay." Ronald Regan.

"Guns are an abomination." Richard Nixon

Post imported post

Dave_pro2a wrote:

It could be that enough votes mysteriously materialize for the slimeball to skate past the primaries.
    Usually, recounts are to determine a final winner. In this case it is only a primary to determine who makes it to the final ballot in November. IIRC, a recount under WA State election rules requires that the margin be less than 1/10 of 1% in order to trigger an automatic recount. Of course one could PAY for a recount but based on latest count information from this evening's news, the gap is widening between Nickels and the "Top Two".

Like I said in opening my original post, there just might be hope for Seattle.

On a related note, everyone should remember that next year, 2010, ALL of the House of Representatives is up for re-election/election as well as 1/3 of the Senate. With the economy in the toilet it sure would be a good time to make some wholesale changes. Maybe some of those that have been ignoring politics all these recent years because they've had it pretty good will start paying attention to those who have been responsible for the record down-turn in the economy. In case anyone wasn't watching, Congress changed hands two years before Obama came to office. Nobody to blame but the current party in power.

Time to vote out the Barny "Elmer Fudd" Franks and Harry "Undertaker" Reid.

On one thing I do agree with Obama. It IS time for CHANGE.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Post imported post

Dave_pro2a wrote:

The graveyard vote usually doesn't come in 'til late...

Post imported post

Well I best get started on registering to be a Washington voter.

Post imported post

I would love to see a real conservative elected into Washington's Senate & Congress, & I'd especially love to see a conservative elected as the mayor of Seattle! The Lib's would go nuts! <--- insert evil diabolical laught here.

Post imported post

Dave_pro2a wrote:
    Seattle has a history with recounts in close elections.*

What do you wanna bet any recount would contain MANY democrat party affiliations. Not to mention the underage, felon, the "me no speaka da english", and my personal favorite. . .the dead vote.

Remember the Rossi re count? Supposedly there were something like 105 or 134 votes for that bitch so she won. Man parts of this country are really starting to suck.

Post imported post

2ndAmendmentDefender wrote:
    I would love to see a real conservative elected into Washington's Senate & Congress, & I'd especially love to see a conservative elected as the mayor of Seattle! The Lib's would go nuts! <--- insert evil diabolical laught here.
    I never want a "real" conservative elected anywhere.

Post imported post

amlevin wrote:
    In case anyone wasn't watching, Congress changed hands two years before Obama came to office. Nobody to blame but the current party in power.
    Too bad most people weren't watching because they were focused on Bush. Sadly in 2010 they will still be focused on Bush. Because you know a President can ruin the country even if the opposite party controls the senate. Libs really need to suck it up and stop blaming Bush for the lack of action on the Democrats part.

Also, how has Nickles been mayor for so long. I thought everyone there hated him.

Post imported post

FunkTrooper wrote:
    2ndAmendmentDefender wrote:
    I never want a "real" conservative elected anywhere.
    Wouldn't it depend on what the definition of a "real" conservative is? IMO, a "real" conservative would understand that "rights" end at arms length - so you'd get a guy who hated gun control but supported abortion - pushed gay rights but didn't believe in NHC - would legalize pot but supported the death penalty. He'd limit spending, but wouldn't cut taxes until the debt was paid.

The guy wouldn't make it to the primary.

Post imported post

The Bob Rivers Show on KZOk had a interesting interview with Nickles this morning...

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

5 pennies has fallen further behind in the polls and has called a press conference for 10 this morning.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

McChuckles conceeded !!!! Woo hoo !:celebrate

Post imported post

FunkTrooper wrote:
    Does that mean you haven't voted?:X

Post imported post

Squeak wrote:
    FunkTrooper wrote:
    Does that mean you haven't voted?:X
    Yep, not once in my life.

Post imported post

People that do not vote do not have the right to whine, gripe, or otherwise fuss about who is in office or what laws should or could be enacted. A non-voter is either a solution to the problem or part of the problem. They want the rights but are too lazy to do their part in getting them. They will 'go along with the crowd' but won't stand up for what is right or legal. Don't stick your neck out too far, you may have to make a decision.

Post imported post

Do we know where the two current runners stand on gun rights, 2-A, OC etc. ?

- TY for any info

Bat

P.S. I know j2l3just e-mailed em, but thought i'd ask this thread too
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Squeak wrote:
    People that do not vote do not have the right to whine, gripe, or otherwise fuss about who is in office or what laws should or could be enacted. A non-voter is either a solution to the problem or part of the problem. They want the rights but are too lazy to do their part in getting them. They will 'go along with the crowd' but won't stand up for what is right or legal. Don't stick your neck out too far, you may have to make a decision.
    I understand your viewpoint, but would have to disagree a little. There are some who have never voted for religious reasons. Then those like myself, who have always been dissatisfied with a system that has never given me someone I would want to vote for? Now Ron Paul almost changed my mind, if more like him start running, especially locally, I might vote.

I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

Squeak wrote:

Answer me this:

Why should I vote and lend ANY credibility to someone else's claim of authority over my life?

See... you've got it all turned around. Those who DO vote (participate) implicitly acquiesce to live under someone else's authority, so they have no right to piss-n-moan about who that person or group is or what they do. They agreed to the rules of the game when they stepped up to play knowing full well they may lose.

Those of us who choose freedom turn our backs on these alleged 'rulers'...we shun that game. Ergo, when they try to exert authority we do not recognize, we have every right to complain... more right than those who chose to play their game do.

As for being too lazy, or not being willing to take a stand for what's right, I challenge you to do the same as we shunners. I daresay it's a lot easier to 'go along to get along' than it is to take the principaled stand that myself and others have and say "NO! You're not the boss of me."

Participating in the system in order 'to get those rights' is just another way of saying 'hire some thugs to enforce my will'. Thanks.. I'll pass. I just want to be left alone, and I strive to do the same for and towards my fellow humans.

Post imported post

Squeak wrote:
    I might agree with your sentiment, however it's rare that I've seen a candidate that truly represented my interests - see my post above. For example, in the last election my wife and I both voted - we returned blank ballots. There wasn't a single candidate in any of the four races that we felt would represent us - even remotely. So we voted by not voting.

Post imported post

Off a 100 year old tombstone

Post imported post

Squeak wrote:
    I'm sorry but I disagree I have rights because I was born and have rights just like the everyone in the rest of the world, saying that voting for someone is what gets you rights is giving someone too much power over you.

I'm really glad I didn't vote in the last presidential election because my vote would have gone to McCain, but if I could do it again I would vote for Ron Paul or do you think voting for third parties defeats the purpose of voting?

Post imported post

Not voting defeats the purpose of voting.

Post imported post

Well, growing up I was lead to believe you either vote republican or democrat and still thought this way when our messiah was elected. In the last year I've learned more about me and the world than I ever did in public school. If you think your voting for a republican makes a difference over a democrat look at what both parties do, they increase there own power while turning citizens into subjects.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast