• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Maybe there is hope for Seattle

amlevin

imported post

It just could be that the Citizens of Seattle have had enough of "Mayor Quimby" (as Radio Host Dori Monson calls him).

Seems like mayor "Small Change" is running third in an election where only the top two vote-getters make it to the General Election. Could this be a sign of better things to come as we approach the "Mid-Term Elections where 1/3 of the Senate and all of the House of Representatives are up for re-election? One can only hope.

http://kuow.org/program.php?id=18220

Dave_pro2a

imported post

Seattle has a history with recounts in close elections.

It could be that enough votes mysteriously materialize for the slimeball to skate past the primaries.

amlevin

imported post

Dave_pro2a wrote:

It could be that enough votes mysteriously materialize for the slimeball to skate past the primaries.

Usually, recounts are to determine a final winner. In this case it is only a primary to determine who makes it to the final ballot in November. IIRC, a recount under WA State election rules requires that the margin be less than 1/10 of 1% in order to trigger an automatic recount. Of course one could PAY for a recount but based on latest count information from this evening's news, the gap is widening between Nickels and the "Top Two".

Like I said in opening my original post, there just might be hope for Seattle.

On a related note, everyone should remember that next year, 2010, ALL of the House of Representatives is up for re-election/election as well as 1/3 of the Senate. With the economy in the toilet it sure would be a good time to make some wholesale changes. Maybe some of those that have been ignoring politics all these recent years because they've had it pretty good will start paying attention to those who have been responsible for the record down-turn in the economy. In case anyone wasn't watching, Congress changed hands two years before Obama came to office. Nobody to blame but the current party in power.

Time to vote out the Barny "Elmer Fudd" Franks and Harry "Undertaker" Reid.

On one thing I do agree with Obama. It IS time for CHANGE.

PavePusher

imported post

Dave_pro2a wrote:

The graveyard vote usually doesn't come in 'til late...:lol:

2ndAmendmentDefender

imported post

I would love to see a real conservative elected into Washington's Senate & Congress, & I'd especially love to see a conservative elected as the mayor of Seattle! The Lib's would go nuts! <--- insert evil diabolical laught here.

noname762

imported post

Dave_pro2a wrote:

What do you wanna bet any recount would contain MANY democrat party affiliations. Not to mention the underage, felon, the "me no speaka da english", and my personal favorite. . .the dead vote.

Remember the Rossi re count? Supposedly there were something like 105 or 134 votes for that bitch so she won. Man parts of this country are really starting to suck.

FunkTrooper

imported post

2ndAmendmentDefender wrote:
I would love to see a real conservative elected into Washington's Senate & Congress, & I'd especially love to see a conservative elected as the mayor of Seattle! The Lib's would go nuts! <--- insert evil diabolical laught here.
I never want a "real" conservative elected anywhere.

p2a1x7

imported post

amlevin wrote:
In case anyone wasn't watching, Congress changed hands two years before Obama came to office. Nobody to blame but the current party in power.
Too bad most people weren't watching because they were focused on Bush. Sadly in 2010 they will still be focused on Bush. Because you know a President can ruin the country even if the opposite party controls the senate. Libs really need to suck it up and stop blaming Bush for the lack of action on the Democrats part.

Also, how has Nickles been mayor for so long. I thought everyone there hated him.

New Daddy

imported post

FunkTrooper wrote:
2ndAmendmentDefender wrote:
I never want a "real" conservative elected anywhere.

Wouldn't it depend on what the definition of a "real" conservative is? IMO, a "real" conservative would understand that "rights" end at arms length - so you'd get a guy who hated gun control but supported abortion - pushed gay rights but didn't believe in NHC - would legalize pot but supported the death penalty. He'd limit spending, but wouldn't cut taxes until the debt was paid.

The guy wouldn't make it to the primary.

Squeak

imported post

People that do not vote do not have the right to whine, gripe, or otherwise fuss about who is in office or what laws should or could be enacted. A non-voter is either a solution to the problem or part of the problem. They want the rights but are too lazy to do their part in getting them. They will 'go along with the crowd' but won't stand up for what is right or legal. Don't stick your neck out too far, you may have to make a decision.

Batousaii

imported post

Do we know where the two current runners stand on gun rights, 2-A, OC etc. ?

- TY for any info

:cool:Bat

P.S. I know j2l3just e-mailed em, but thought i'd ask this thread too :)

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Squeak wrote:
People that do not vote do not have the right to whine, gripe, or otherwise fuss about who is in office or what laws should or could be enacted. A non-voter is either a solution to the problem or part of the problem. They want the rights but are too lazy to do their part in getting them. They will 'go along with the crowd' but won't stand up for what is right or legal. Don't stick your neck out too far, you may have to make a decision.
I understand your viewpoint, but would have to disagree a little. There are some who have never voted for religious reasons. Then those like myself, who have always been dissatisfied with a system that has never given me someone I would want to vote for? Now Ron Paul almost changed my mind, if more like him start running, especially locally, I might vote.

Phssthpok

imported post

Squeak wrote:

Answer me this:

Why should I vote and lend ANY credibility to someone else's claim of authority over my life?

See... you've got it all turned around. Those who DO vote (participate) implicitly acquiesce to live under someone else's authority, so they have no right to piss-n-moan about who that person or group is or what they do. They agreed to the rules of the game when they stepped up to play knowing full well they may lose.

Those of us who choose freedom turn our backs on these alleged 'rulers'...we shun that game. Ergo, when they try to exert authority we do not recognize, we have every right to complain... more right than those who chose to play their game do.

As for being too lazy, or not being willing to take a stand for what's right, I challenge you to do the same as we shunners. I daresay it's a lot easier to 'go along to get along' than it is to take the principaled stand that myself and others have and say "NO! You're not the boss of me."

Participating in the system in order 'to get those rights' is just another way of saying 'hire some thugs to enforce my will'. Thanks.. I'll pass. I just want to be left alone, and I strive to do the same for and towards my fellow humans.