• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stand up for your rights in Indy

Liberty Sanders

imported post

The new staging area will be the parking lot at the southeast corner of Maryland & South Alabama Streets in downtown Indianapolis.

jaramia20

imported post

Hello everyone

As the walk is this weekend , can we get a final update and directions to the meeting place .I am planning on making up some sings for the walk, anyone have any suggestions ??? I'm looking forward to meeting you all soon .

J

Liberty Sanders

imported post

We're assembling at noon. Do a Mapquest for the intersection of South Alabama & Maryland streets (US 40) in downtown Indy. We're meeting in the elevated pay lot.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Please note the new meeting area, as noted by Liberty Sanders above.

Liberty, it might be worthwhile to have someone at the old meeting area to direct people to the new one, just in case.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Lunch/dinner will follow the walk, open carry OKAY:

Private dining area, good food, family friendly prices

Paragon Family Restaurant
118 S Girls School Rd (317) 271-3514

jaramia20

imported post

Sorry INGO guys, but after reading the thread on INGO about the Indy March, I will NOT be joining the site. I met some great guys, had a great time today, and am very happy that the event went off without a hitch. However,after listening to the inflamatory manner in which some people talk on that site and the combative nature of some of its participants, I don't feel it is something that I can be a part of. I find it funny that before joining I am already catching flak from some of its members. I wish you all the best of luck. And I will be HAPPY to participate in any of your upcoming events. Just contact me on this site at any time.

J (The guy with the US flag)

alxjmrk

imported post

jaramia20 wrote:
Sorry INGO guys, but after reading the thread on INGO about the Indy March, I will NOT be joining the site. I met some great guys, had a great time today, and am very happy that the event went off without a hitch. However,after listening to the inflamatory manner in which some people talk on that site and the combative nature of some of its participants, I don't feel it is something that I can be a part of. I find it funny that before joining I am already catching flak from some of its members. I wish you all the best of luck. And I will be HAPPY to participate in any of your upcoming events. Just contact me on this site at any time.

thats a shame J. It was absolutely wonderful to meet and speak with you. it upsets me greatly the things that transpired in the thread, and it is being dealt with. i feel somewhat responsible because it was my picture, but feel in no way guilty for what transpired. i am glad to hear that you will join us in the future events. talk to you soon.

the event really did go exceedingly well. i look forward to meeting more of you and remembering who is who.....:cool:

here is the point in the thread in which things began for our day:

http://ingunowners.com/forums/polit...vent_in_indy_stand_up_for_your_rights-65.html

FiremanJoe

imported post

I am only half way through trying to sort thru and read that thread over there, going to find my fire gear it a little heated....

J20 where did you find the flag holder belt thing??? May have to look into one of those for another parade thing i do.

BB Lthr and all agree we did enjoy the educational walk. Was great to see such a clean and impressive city.
Did anyone catch who the guy was or with that really went crazy taking some pics at the IWM.

I want some full size pics.....

Joe

alxjmrk

imported post

im completely with you on that. i dont think ANYONE knows who that guy was. and i didnt think at all to get his info. haha

alxjmrk

imported post

J... as from ATF Consumer:

He shouldn't be scared away by a few inconsiderate individuals that do not show any respect toward others that attempt to do good for the gun community.

I also felt personally attacked, as I had posted earlier...those individuals will not redeem themselves unless they can admit their wrongs and I will simply use the "ignore" feature on them. They do not deserve any respect in my book...they are mud.
Please let J know that we are very grateful and thankful he was there today, proudly carrying the American Flag.
patriot.gif

Beau

imported post

jaramia20 wrote:

Some people just can't help but to rain on others parades. I hope you reconsider joining INGO. It's a great site that is geared towards just about everything. Was good to meet you. Take it easy and see you next time.

FiremanJoe

imported post

Wow their thread is up to over 80 pages....yikes.. all this over well Im not going to say...but nonetheless its calming down over there. I could not find one mention in news media, so I guess it was a non event...lol Good time was had by all, some great people, a nice walk, my feet still hurt!. LOL my Favorite pic is one from behind the guy pulling his kid in the wagon with the other walking to his side and has his ebr slung over his back, the perfect, why I carry example, he has them right there next o him his most 2 prized possessions.

achin-back-n-packin

imported post

I regret not being able to join the walk. I was not up to the drive or the walk that day (not to mention it was my birthday and family had other plans for me). I am glad to hear theevent went well though Ihad no doubtsit would with Liberty Sanders involved in the planning.

I did finally get a reply concerning my complaint to the original parking facility, but it really wasn't worth posting. Now that the walk has happened without incident, I hopethey realizethe only thing they accomplished was to shoot themselves in their own collective foot.

I hope I can join in future events and meet some of the proud Indiana gun owners who participated. Perhaps I will also meet some of you atsimilar events in Ohio.

ATM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It was unfortunate that I could not join this walk due to an Appleseed shoot in Cloverdale on that day. It had my full support and I will hope to join future walks. Seeds were planted anda fewnaysayers minds were changed byits successful execution. There is already talk of another.

jaramia20

imported post

Sorry to drag all this up again after all this time . But I am now an INGO member . I thinkI just needed a littlebreak .I needed something a little more active . Hope it gos well and see you all there .....