• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Headed to DC

Fenris

imported post

OP - DELETED

Sorry, I really don't agree with moving this thread to the District forum. It really was a written for Virginians who have to travel to the District, and the discomfort this causes.

No offence intended.

-Fenris

Lie2me

imported post

I do wish you luck Fenris... I go into DC about once a week and hate the fact that I can't carry - anything. I work in a federal building and cant even carry a folding pocket knife despite passing a fairly rigorous security clearance. I can't stand DC andlook forward to the day that I no longer need to go there to make a living.

Watch the kids, especially if you have to ride the red line of the metro, it's pretty rough at times with plenty of scumbags to fill the cars. It's an entirely different world.

suntzu

imported post

Fenris wrote:
OP - DELETED

Sorry, I really don't agree with moving this thread to the District forum. It really was a written for Virginians who have to travel to the District, and the discomfort this causes.

No offence intended.

-Fenris
I'm sorry...if I had my personal choice I would avoid the fascist city of D.C like the plague.

I have never been to the capitol--and I hope to never have to go.