Thread: Excellent Book

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar

Post imported post

Though many of you may have known about this book for some time now, I recently discovered it at my local library. And it is so incredibly phenominal I wanted to post here so those like me who didn't know about itcan read it. The book: The Seven Myths of Gun Control: Reclaiming the Truth About Guns, Crime, and the Second Amendment.I highly recommendreading this book.

If you have read some other really good book, paper, or website please let me (and others) know.
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

If you're looking for more details:

http://www.amazon.com/Seven-Myths-Gu...dp/0761524258/

From one of the reviews on the Amazon site:

The seven myths that are continually and emotionally espoused, but rationally and logically exposed as totally false by Poe, are:

Myth 1: Guns Increase Violent Crime
    Myth 2: Pulling a Gun on a Criminal Endangers You More Than the Criminal
    Myth 3: Guns Pose a Special Threat to Children
    Myth 4: The Second Amendment Applies Only to Militiamen
    Myth 5: The Second Amendment Is an Obsolete Relic of the Frontier Era
    Myth 6: We Should Treat Guns the Same Way We Treat Cars, Requiring Licenses for All Users
    Myth 7: Reasonable Gun-Control Measures Are No Threat to Law-Abiding Gun Owners
    TFred

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar

Post imported post

Another nice 2A book I just finished reading. This one is a short read but has many quotes from our founding fathers. I recommend it. "The Second Amendment" can be found at http://www.wallbuilders.com

"Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin