• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Excellent Book

coolusername2007

imported post

Though many of you may have known about this book for some time now, I recently discovered it at my local library. And it is so incredibly phenominal I wanted to post here so those like me who didn't know about itcan read it. The book: The Seven Myths of Gun Control: Reclaiming the Truth About Guns, Crime, and the Second Amendment.I highly recommendreading this book.

If you have read some other really good book, paper, or website please let me (and others) know.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

TFred

imported post

If you're looking for more details:

http://www.amazon.com/Seven-Myths-Gun-Control-Reclaiming/dp/0761524258/

From one of the reviews on the Amazon site:

The seven myths that are continually and emotionally espoused, but rationally and logically exposed as totally false by Poe, are:

Myth 1: Guns Increase Violent Crime
Myth 2: Pulling a Gun on a Criminal Endangers You More Than the Criminal
Myth 3: Guns Pose a Special Threat to Children
Myth 4: The Second Amendment Applies Only to Militiamen
Myth 5: The Second Amendment Is an Obsolete Relic of the Frontier Era
Myth 6: We Should Treat Guns the Same Way We Treat Cars, Requiring Licenses for All Users
Myth 7: Reasonable Gun-Control Measures Are No Threat to Law-Abiding Gun Owners
TFred