• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dearborn/Dearborn Heights

ISMOID

MOC Charter Member - Dearborn Heights, Michigan, U
imported post

Dorknob wrote:
Hey all. I'm just came across your site a couple days ago and have found myself unable to stop reading. Thank you for soooo much information.

I was wondering if anyone has had any problems/incidents in the Dearborn/Dearborn Heights area. I love this idea and would like to open carry myself but I am having a few concerns. Most of the posts seem to be from folks in slightly more rural areas, and I'm not sure how our locals would handle this. My CPL is currently pending and would hate for some misunderstanding with my local pd to interfear with it being approved.

In Dearborn Heights here, we have one officer who deals strictly with gun registration and related issues. The several times I have interacted with him he seems very level headed and always happy to answer my questions. Wondering if it would behoove me to present this information to him along with my intention to start oc'ing in this area in the near future? Thinking perhaps this information would be passed along the proper channels until the LEO's on the street were informed as well.

Any advice you all have would be appreciated. :?
No problems in Dearborn Heights, I carry there all time. The Gun/property Officer is a very nice guy and has done his homework on OC. I have had several conversations with him about it.
Drop me a PM if you want info or a meet up. There are several in the area.