• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Screw the ordinances

M9_Shamalan

imported post

I have personally taken the initiative to say F*** you to the politicians, My right to bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!!!!!( as stated in the US & WI state constitution) with that said, I now CC my firearm with me 99% of the time. It is my personal opinion that when a law is unconstitutional we should NOT follow it, so I will not. I realize that I am running the risk of a felony charge for carrying within a school zone (<---BullSh*t law anyways) and I also realize that I may be charged with Illegal CCW, but I care not for laws that make no sense. These laws are complete and udder horsesh*t, we all know it, and the more we follow them the more the lawmakers and police think they have power to limit our rights as they see fit. This country was founded on the RIGHT to bear arms, not the privilege. Besides, IMHO we have always had the right to CCW since 1776, and may god help anyone who tries to stop me.
****We are staring down the barrel of another revolution my brothers, and we may not all make it out of this one unscathed, but to all who oppose, I will tell them to Give me Liberty or give me DEATH! enough said****

AaronS

imported post

M9_Shamalan wrote:
I have personally taken the initiative to say F*** you to the politicians, My right to bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!!!!!( as stated in the US & WI state constitution) with that said, I now CC my firearm with me 99% of the time. It is my personal opinion that when a law is unconstitutional we should NOT follow it, so I will not. I realize that I am running the risk of a felony charge for carrying within a school zone (<---BullSh*t law anyways) and I also realize that I may be charged with Illegal CCW, but I care not for laws that make no sense. These laws are complete and udder horsesh*t, we all know it, and the more we follow them the more the lawmakers and police think they have power to limit our rights as they see fit. This country was founded on the RIGHT to bear arms, not the privilege. Besides, IMHO we have always had the right to CCW since 1776, and may god help anyone who tries to stop me.
****We are staring down the barrel of another revolution my brothers, and we may not all make it out of this one unscathed, but to all who oppose, I will tell them to Give me Liberty or give me DEATH! enough said****
You go. Let me know if you get caught.Hope you have your lawyerin line. I do feel that it was ment to be read as "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" as well, so I'm with ya 100%. As far as I see it, any time you have the need to "feel safe", you have a right to do so with a gun if need be. If you wait, I do think CCW is around the next bend...

cato

imported post

Bro, come back from the edge of that cliff...you can't fly, really. Only one state supreme courtout of fifty agrees withyou and that is Vermont.

Just OC if you want to be arrested and bring this thing to a head (OC is the right in WI:cool:). You can CC a whole live time and never be stopped by the police.

WCrawford

imported post

M9_Shamalan wrote:

Rant and rave. Get it out of your system before you do something that will cost you your gun rights (and many others) forever. We'll even listen (so to speak).

I, too, totally argee with your sentiment and understand your outrage. But, please don't get involved with any civil disobedience that could cost you the veryright you are trying to get restored.

Jaxxos

imported post

I've been following this forum for a while and finally thought I would chime in.

When I read M9_Shamalan's post I couldn't help but to think ofa recentarticle I read &I found a post about it in the News Alerts section.The 3rd paragraph inand the 4th paragraph from the end caught my attention. The government agentsintentionally provoking citizens to break the law, not surprising just disturbing.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum4/30123.html

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

logan wrote:
Jaxxos wrote:
I've been following this forum for a while and finally thought I would chime in.
Welcome to the website :)
We have been very fortunate in this forum that members are civil, willing to discuss issues in a rational manner, and those that are not and don't, do not linger here.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

M9,

I think you need to rethink your strategy. Regardless of whether or not the law is unconstitutional or not, you could still be found guilty of violating the law, in which case you will then have a fire arms conviction against you.

Therefore, you will have lost the very right you claim to be fighting for.

As I have said before, good things are worth fighting for and nothing good comes easy.

I agree we need to move a head and do so under organization.

OCDO needs to get behind a candidate for governor. No matter which one we choose, we need to do it soon there isn't much time until elections and we have a lot of work to do.

Another thing we all need to agree on is that we will all vote against any candidate for any office that is not out spoken and forthright on their position on the issues of gun rights period.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

All I've got to say is that it's your choice and your @$$. If you do decide to do something like this you should at least have a good attorney on speed dial and be prepared to fight the legal battle. If your going to do it, be prepared to take it all the way. Your freedom and your rights depend on it not being half-assed.

Remember too that it's not only you that could suffer from a bad decision in the courts. Currently, if you've got no other viable alternative but to conceal, and have a very good reason to do so (have been attacked or have reason to believe you will be), you may be able to succesfully apply a constitutional defense, but a few more cases like Fischer and the jurisprudence may become stronger in favor of the states police power.

Also, although the Federal GFSZA has been found unconstitutional and probably will be again, the state GFSZA is the one you will have to worry about.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

M9, I admire your ballsy attitude, but I think you would be best suited to fully realize the consequences of your actions should you be arrested for what is currently deemed as illegal behavior in this state. There is very little "grey area" when it comes to concealing a firearm in WI. Are you going to be able toshow that your concealing a firearm, far outweighs the states current prohibition on the practice?

Do you feel the advantages outweigh the forfeitures you may be forced to endure.
We did not have any "grey area" on concealment until the Vegas case. I think that was definitely a step forward for us.

it is my understanding that some laws cannot be challenged as to their constitutionality unless someone is charged with breaking said laws. If you want to offer yourself as a sacrifice to challenge those laws, I will stand behind you 100%. But I cannot join you as the consequences are too severe for me to handle right now.

Carry On!

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

M9 I understand where you are coming from, and there are several people I know of that have the same thoughts and actions as you. People who actually end up using the firearm for self protection don't seem to be prosecuted for CC anyways, and when is the last time you were searched my the police?

All of that makes sense to me, however, as we see your side of the issue, everyone else just sees you as a criminal who is concealed carrying a weapon and you will be treated as such.

American Rattlesnake

imported post

Question:
Why risk everything to carry concealed against the law (regardless of whether that law is Constitutional or not) when you can carry openly within the law?

In at least one state widespread open carry led to shall-issue CCW (I speak of Ohio.) If you really want to fight for CCW, why not fight for it legally by open carrying? This approach accomplishes three things; it allows you to protect yourself (going armed), keeps you out of jail (open carry is legal in Wisconsin), and pressures the State to lighten up on the CCW front (at least that's how it went in Ohio.)

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

American Rattlesnake wrote:
Question:
Why risk everything to carry concealed against the law (regardless of whether that law is Constitutional or not) when you can carry openly within the law?

In at least one state widespread open carry led to shall-issue CCW (I speak of Ohio.) If you really want to fight for CCW, why not fight for it legally by open carrying? This approach accomplishes three things; it allows you to protect yourself (going armed), keeps you out of jail (open carry is legal in Wisconsin), and pressures the State to lighten up on the CCW front (at least that's how it went in Ohio.)
X1,000!

gollbladder13

imported post

Keep in mind that if you do get arrested for this and you say you are doing it to promote gun rights, it will reflect good honest gun rights advocates poorly and as criminals who just want to play with firearms. I can guarantee it would hit the news a lot harder than any law-abiding picnic and would drastically hurt our fight for better gun laws...

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Nutczak wrote:
American Rattlesnake wrote:
Question:

X1,000!
I agree....