• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Screw the ordinances

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

M9_Shamalan wrote:
I have personally taken the initiative to say F*** you to the politicians, My right to bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!!!!!( as stated in the US & WI state constitution) with that said, I now CC my firearm with me 99% of the time. It is my personal opinion that when a law is unconstitutional we should NOT follow it, so I will not. I realize that I am running the risk of a felony charge for carrying within a school zone (<---BullSh*t law anyways) and I also realize that I may be charged with Illegal CCW, but I care not for laws that make no sense. These laws are complete and udder horsesh*t, we all know it, and the more we follow them the more the lawmakers and police think they have power to limit our rights as they see fit. This country was founded on the RIGHT to bear arms, not the privilege. Besides, IMHO we have always had the right to CCW since 1776, and may god help anyone who tries to stop me.
****We are staring down the barrel of another revolution my brothers, and we may not all make it out of this one unscathed, but to all who oppose, I will tell them to Give me Liberty or give me DEATH! enough said****

As Doug Huffman suggested....you are very very foolish.

Good luck, though.

Hillmann

imported post

M9_Shamalan wrote:
I have personally taken the initiative to say F*** you to the politicians, My right to bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!!!!!( as stated in the US & WI state constitution) with that said, I now CC my firearm with me 99% of the time. It is my personal opinion that when a law is unconstitutional we should NOT follow it, so I will not. I realize that I am running the risk of a felony charge for carrying within a school zone (<---BullSh*t law anyways) and I also realize that I may be charged with Illegal CCW, but I care not for laws that make no sense. These laws are complete and udder horsesh*t, we all know it, and the more we follow them the more the lawmakers and police think they have power to limit our rights as they see fit. This country was founded on the RIGHT to bear arms, not the privilege. Besides, IMHO we have always had the right to CCW since 1776, and may god help anyone who tries to stop me.
****We are staring down the barrel of another revolution my brothers, and we may not all make it out of this one unscathed, but to all who oppose, I will tell them to Give me Liberty or give me DEATH! enough said****
I compleatly agree with you butposting it on the internet probley isn't such a good idea. As long as it is concealed well and you do nothing that gives a cop a reason to legaly search you it shouldn't be a problem. And if you ever do need it to defend your life in a situation whare OC would be illegal you are better off dealing with the courts, even if convicted and sentenced to prison, than dead. And if you ever have to defend your life than your intrest in concealing your gun vastley outweighs the states intrest in you not being armed, or whoever the law is written. Even if I did ocasionaly cc ;), I wouldn't advertise it on the internet or even to myfamily.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

M9_Shamalan wrote:
Of course the beautiful thing about posting online is that I can get things off my chest and nobody knows what I look like.;)
Are you absolutely positive of that? Look at the "Web-Footprints" article after Kostric was accosted by Matthews on MSNBC.
It is very easy to identify someone that is simply posting on a public forum.

M9_Shamalan

imported post

That may be true, but seriously I am just 1 guy who posted online. I HIGHLY doubt the FBI and local authorities are going to "track" my web footprint just to give me a ticket. Besides, how are they going to prove it? For all they know I could be some little Sh*t playing on daddy's laptop. And FYI, I don't really plan on CC'n, I was pretty drunk and ballsy when I made that post and was trying like hell today to stand behind what I said but alas, I cannot (well aside from the "CCW laws are bs" comment, I stand behind that 100%). ;)

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

M9_Shamalan wrote:
I don't really plan on CC'n, I was ballsy when I made that post and was trying like hell today to stand behind what I said but alas, I cannot (well aside from the "CCW laws are bs" comment, I stand behind that 100%). ;)

I refer to that as "ten feet tall and bullet proof with liquid courage running through your veins" While at the same time I know others thatrefer to alcohol as 'loudmouth Soup"

Either way, I get your point and do not fault you for making a bold statement. I took at is such;
"We have some real F'ed up laws in this state, and evenwhen we carry legally we get harrassed anyways, so why should I bother to follow the law and have the police bother me, when instead I can hide my firearm and nobody would be the wiser"

borrowed time

imported post

M9_Shamalan wrote:
That may be true, but seriously I am just 1 guy who posted online. I HIGHLY doubt the FBI and local authorities are going to "track" my web footprint just to give me a ticket. Besides, how are they going to prove it? For all they know I could be some little Sh*t playing on daddy's laptop. And FYI, I don't really plan on CC'n, I was pretty drunk and ballsy when I made that post and was trying like hell today to stand behind what I said but alas, I cannot (well aside from the "CCW laws are bs" comment, I stand behind that 100%). ;)
I figured from the time of your post this might be the case. Good for you to admit that was thesituation, many would not.

Landose_theghost

imported post

I once had a shirt that said "Friends don't let friends dial Drunk" Maybe somebody would be so kind as to change the "Dial" to "Type" for you M9...:lol: Jk, I'm just bustin balls, we've all been there man, just be glad you didn't wake up to find godzilla laying next to you!:what:

AaronS

imported post

And you will never guess what my name is;).

On this forum, I thought it best to use my real name, and LOCATION. Would you all please fill in the location. It will help us get to know who we all are when we do see each other. Trust me, our highway cleanup is a real pain in my a$$. I do know Davegran's name real good now though(heck, he has my home AND cell numbers now):)! If it were a fear of the Gov., trust me your IP and computer system information are at the whim of the big red white and blue from the get go.

My name is Aaron Sky, and I live in Milwaukee, on the far North Side (52nd and Calumet). I have a right to protect myself, and my family. I will try my best to protect any persons that I find that are in need. I will do my best to follow any, and all laws in this regard. I hope I never have any NEED to hurt any person. I have nothing to hide at all. I will also do my best to support every Americans RIGHT to the same self protection. No state or local small town was ever meant to take thatmost basic human right away from us. I feel that not only is the right thing to do, but it ismy responsibility to do this for the Country, as an American. And yes, I do respect the users with "real" names a bit more... Mr. Huffman is a user that I respect, but he knows a lot more about the law, and how it is set up then I might ever, so he gets extra points from me (if I can just manage to understand all his posts);).

I also have to stand by my posts, and say sorry. I have had a few beers tonight...:what:

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
imported post

M9_Shamalan wrote:
As the OC movement carries on in WI I have been sorely tempted to just CC a small pistol. I do believe that the CCW law is unconstitutional but am not sure if I'm at the point in my life where I just want to flaunt the law like that. I am getting really sick of being booted out of places for doing nothing. IMO it's similar to being persecuted but good luck proving that. But in regards to CCW in WI, something I heard a while ago keeps running in my head.

"It's better to be judged by twelve than carried by six."

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

GlockMeisterG21 wrote:
As the OC movement carries on in WI I have been sorely tempted to just CC a small pistol. I do believe that the CCW law is unconstitutional but am not sure if I'm at the point in my life where I just want to flaunt the law like that. I am getting really sick of being booted out of places for doing nothing. IMO it's similar to being persecuted but good luck proving that. But in regards to CCW in WI, something I heard a while ago keeps running in my head.

Carry On! Don't give up......ever!

ayce2

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
GlockMeisterG21 wrote:

Carry On! Don't give up......ever!
Last Sat. night I took my favorite girlfriend out for our 7th anniversary. Dressed to the nines we had a great dinner at a place that had parking in an underground lot. We were the last to leave the restuarant. As we entered the lot I heardmutiple voices somewhere in the dimness. Great... can't OC in an establishment thatsells Alcohol and I have to walk to my car stand outside of it to retrieve and load my gun... but I can't getin my car withoutstoring it again.. so I can't protect us , withdraw without breaking the law.... got to love our state.

I heard on another site a phrase that runs though my headoften now.. Always carry, never tell.... hmmmm