Thread: Redmond OC Newbie

Post imported post

I was given my first handgun last year(glock 17) and wanted to be sure that I knew all the firearms laws for WA, long story short, I found opencarry.org and was hooked. I started practicing open carry several months later, mostly when I would go out late to fill up at the gas station or to get groceries (I work late 6 nights a week.) I would clip it on my waist and then go about my business as normal. I was actually a little surprised at first that no one mentioned it to me(other than friends and family). I have actually taken a couple of them shooting with me to Wades since and they found that they really enjoyed it! Oh- and Overlake Safeway, Kirkland Ace Hardware, 7-11, everyone perfectly cordial as normal. Yay! Thanks for the unknowing support as I became more familiar with confidently and conscientiously carrying.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Right on thanks for OCing and making Washington a better safer place. And welcome to OCDO.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

Welcome Welcome!

- I learned tons from everyone here, and, keeping an open mind, have enjoyed comparing some great views and insights, both about OC, CC, firearms, and even politics too. Its a great site, and great peeps.

Glad to have ya.

Bat
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Regular Member trevorthebusdriver's Avatar

Post imported post

Ask Tawnos about carrying in Bellvue parks...

Post imported post

trevorthebusdriver wrote:
    It's fine. Every 6 months you get to have a picnic! >.>
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Tawnos wrote:
    trevorthebusdriver wrote:
    It's fine. Every 6 months you get to have a picnic! >.>
    LOL. And get to know your local LEO's a little better?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)