• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Redmond OC Newbie

Lexington_Son

imported post

I was given my first handgun last year(glock 17) and wanted to be sure that I knew all the firearms laws for WA, long story short, I found opencarry.org and was hooked. I started practicing open carry several months later, mostly when I would go out late to fill up at the gas station or to get groceries (I work late 6 nights a week.) I would clip it on my waist and then go about my business as normal. I was actually a little surprised at first that no one mentioned it to me(other than friends and family). I have actually taken a couple of them shooting with me to Wades since and they found that they really enjoyed it! Oh- and Overlake Safeway, Kirkland Ace Hardware, 7-11, everyone perfectly cordial as normal. Yay! Thanks for the unknowing support as I became more familiar with confidently and conscientiously carrying.

:cool:

Batousaii

imported post

Welcome Welcome!

- I learned tons from everyone here, and, keeping an open mind, have enjoyed comparing some great views and insights, both about OC, CC, firearms, and even politics too. Its a great site, and great peeps.

Glad to have ya.

:cool:Bat