• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fox 5 on open carry at protests

nova

imported post

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/local/081909_norton_wants_gun_free_zone_for_obama

They left out the statement Robert Gibbs made ...

from the washington post:

Robert Gibbs, the White House press secretary, said people are entitled to carry weapons outside such events if local laws allow it. "There are laws that govern firearms that are done state or locally," he said. "Those laws don't change when the president comes to your state or locality."

edit to add that the Fox 5 piece was biased with pretty much no support of gun rights...all anti remarks.

fairfax1

imported post

Eleanor Holmes Norton has gone one step further. She's asking the Department of Homeland Security and the Secret Service to create gun-free zones around the president, his cabinet and other top federal officials.
Um, what does she think the Secret Service checkpoints (with metal detectors, bag screening, etc) are that you have to pass through to get anywhere NEAR the president?

I can imagine she wants a law that says you can't carry within 3,000 miles of anyone important.

Norton says she's concerned about a rash of shooting after some protestors in Arizona and New Hampshire have turned up recently sporting guns, including an assault weapon. Arizona and New Hampshire both have open carry laws.
Perhaps she should be worrying about the rash of shootings in GUN FREE DC.

jadedone4

imported post

fairfax1 wrote:
Eleanor Holmes Norton has gone one step further. She's asking the Department of Homeland Security and the Secret Service to create gun-free zones around the president, his cabinet and other top federal officials.
Um, what does she think the Secret Service checkpoints (with metal detectors, bag screening, etc) are that you have to pass through to get anywhere NEAR the president?

I can imagine she wants a law that says you can't carry within 3,000 miles of anyone important.

Norton says she's concerned about a rash of shooting after some protestors in Arizona and New Hampshire have turned up recently sporting guns, including an assault weapon. Arizona and New Hampshire both have open carry laws.
Perhaps she should be worrying about the rash of shootings in GUN FREE DC.

... please add "LEGAL" to your comment .. Gun Free DC; because I do not believe that the high number of shootings (fatal and non-fatal) were caused by folks "throwing" those nasty bullets at each other...

Wonder if politicians were ever taught... Those who talk don't know, and those who know don't talk....