• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Other Passions: Computer Geeks and gamers

malignity

imported post

Well, simply put, we have a lot of computer geeks and gamers here, as we've already addressed in our previous thread. Rather than completely hijacking the thread, I figured I'd start a new thread...

Simply put, with your beastly machine, what do you play?

I'm currently playing the following:

CoD4
Left for Dead
World of Warcraft. :)banghead:)
FarCry 2
Assassin's Creed

Various other steam games.

Everything of course at 1920x1200, on a 24" widescreen. :D

miked

imported post

World of Warcraft for me.

Occasionally I'll play COD4, Diablo/Diablo II, DOOM3, ...

I'm waiting for Diablo III to come out next year.

Still running a P4 3.0 but the 3GB RAM/XFX 8800 GTS/and 24" LCD makes most games run ok.

Fishous

imported post

I don't play games, and I do it on this:

office01sm.jpg

http://www.mikedixononline.com/my-home-office/

HPC9

imported post

I don't have a fancy computer but we did get to Yogg phase 2, 25man last night.

Calorya, Draenei Shaman, Total Aggression Gaming - Lothar.

AFIK We are about 1 week away from being the first guild on the server to kill Yogg 25 with 2 separate raids.

miked

imported post

malignity wrote:
What server/faction/class? :p

You knew it was coming.
Currently on Elune. Alliance: 80 Human Pally, 80 Draenei Hunter, 75 Human Lock, 70 Draenei DK (and way too many alts in the 1-40 range). I'm an oddity, I don't raid and I no longer PvP. I basically level a character and either delete or shelve it.

I only play one or two nights a week now.

astrogiblet

imported post

COD 4
COD 5
Demigod
Left 4 Dead
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
Company of Heroes
Counter Strike: Source (rarely)
Team Fortress 2 (rarely)
Fallout 3
Supreme Commander

Toying with the idea of getting back into WoW...

Games I recently beat:
Prototype
Assassins Creed
The Godfather II
Call of Juarez (the first one)
Crysis: Warhead

I also got into the Heroes of Newerth Beta (let me know if you want an invite, I've got a whole slew of them)... and the Champions Online Beta..

Can you tell I'm unemployed??

I can't wait for COD: Modern Warfare 2 to come out in a few months. Rage, and a few others look awesome too...

FogRider

imported post

I don't do any PC gaming, but I've got a 360 and will occasionally play on my PS3. Currently playing CoD:WaW and TF2, and impatiently counting the days until Modern Warfare 2 comes out. Speaking of CoD, am I the only one who liked 5 more than 4?

ETA: Gamertag is Lucy Quipment

FatboyCykes

imported post

FogRider wrote:
I don't do any PC gaming, but I've got a 360 and will occasionally play on my PS3. Currently playing CoD:WaW and TF2, and impatiently counting the days until Modern Warfare 2 comes out. Speaking of CoD, am I the only one who liked 5 more than 4?

ETA: Gamertag is Lucy Quipment

Yes :p

I despised WaW from the get go :(

astrogiblet

imported post

I did like 5 for a while better than 4... maybe I still do, not really sure. WaW has so many bugs and unfriendly features.

Like I'm one of the few million people who have the server refresh error. Where in order to be able to connect to servers online, you have to refresh the server list, completely exit the game, go back into the game, and then you can connect to servers. If you don't follow this process then get you "Server Authentication Error" all the friggin time. This happens on both my laptop and my desktop. I have the latest copy and its through Steam so its constantly updated.

Additionally, the little stupid bugs drive me nuts in that game. Sometimes when you name all your classes the game just randomly decides to delete them. The server filters are horrid and buggy. Just a poorly designed game overall.. but still fun to play.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

IMGP0554.jpg

IMGP0546.jpg

IMGP0546.jpg

since the picture was taken i've since added a second 9800gx2. hence quad SLI and 2gb of dedicated graphics memory. i have 2 250gb drives in raid 0 as primary drive and 2 1 TB drives in raid 1 as secondary drive. i have a quad core q9450 and 8gb of ddr3 on an evga 790i motherboard.

astrogiblet

imported post

Springfield Smitty wrote:
I now feel insignificant in my playing of CIV: IV Beyond the Sword and my XBOX 360. I mainly play sports games on the XBOX.

I also like shooters, but not so much on the CPU. I like them better on the XBOX.

I'm your exact opposite. I don't really care for sports games, and shooters on consoles with joysticks are terrible..

Your so much more accurate and controlled with a keyboard and mouse. The gameplays a lot faster too.

But racing games.. I hook a gamepad (ps2 style controller) to my pc for racing games..