• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Other Passions: Computer Geeks and gamers

T Vance

imported post

I play on my Xbox 360 when I have time. I don't play this game as much as I used to, but I have been playing an online game called COUNTER STRIKE for about 10 years. It's a fun combat game.

PDinDetroit

imported post

What you guys really need is a BIGGER MONITOR.

I have a Dell Quad Core system hooked up to my Samsung 56" TV and Sony 1100 Watt 5.1 Channel Surround Sound System (using optical cable).

Too bad I only use it for browsing the Internet and reading OpenCarry!

astrogiblet

imported post

PDinDetroit wrote:
What you guys really need is a BIGGER MONITOR.

I have a Dell Quad Core system hooked up to my Samsung 56" TV and Sony 1100 Watt 5.1 Channel Surround Sound System (using optical cable).

Too bad I only use it for browsing the Internet and reading OpenCarry!

Meh.. my 24" is big enough for me.

Sometimes at LAN parties I use a friends 32" TV.. thats probably as big as I'd ever want my monitor to go. I put it about 4" in front of my face and play RTS's on it.. pretty sweet.

noclue

imported post

Hey, I figured I may as well join the party. Haven't done much gaming lately, but when I do I usually play:
World of Warcraft - Stormrage - lvl 80 Dwarf Paladin, lvl 80 Draenei Death Knight, lvl 80 Human Warlock, numerous alts. I used to be a hardcore raider but got burnt out shortly before Ulduar was released. I haven't had much desire to play since.
Combat Arms - Recently discovered this one, it's pretty good for a free FPS. It's made by Nexon, the same people who made Maple Story.

Team Fortress 2 - Classic, 'nuff said. Check out the Dodgeball maps!

Battlefield Heros - Love it!

Now for my modest gaming box:

Specs:
OS(es): Dual boot between Arch Linux x86_64 and Windows Vista 64
CPU: Intel Q6600
Memory: 4GB PC2-8500 DDR2
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4870
Mainboard: Asus P5Q Pro
HDD: 2x Seagate 1TB 7200RPM SATA Drives
Case: Cooler Master RC-690 - I've had many, many cases throughout the years (including Cooler Masters), but this is by far the best case I've ever owned. High quality, high value.

Displays (including my messy desk):
Primary: Hannspree (Hanns.G) 28" LCD @1920x1200
Secondary: Westinghouse 19" LCD @1440x900

My idea of a custom case mod :)

FatboyCykes

imported post

T Vance wrote:
I play on my Xbox 360 when I have time. I don't play this game as much as I used to, but I have been playing an online game called COUNTER STRIKE for about 10 years. It's a fun combat game.

Gamertags!?

miked

imported post

T Vance wrote:
...I have been playing an online game called COUNTER STRIKE for about 10 years. It's a fun combat game.
I played counter strike for two years straight when it first came out. That's the one that got me hooked on online games.

T Vance

imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
T Vance wrote:

Gamertags!?

XBox 360 = tvancecantdance

Counter Strike = I have not played ina while but my name on there was

[L.o.M]Bubbles. LoM was the clan I played with called "Lords of Murder". I used the name Bubbles because he was a funny character on a TV show I watched call Trailer Park Boys. I highly recommend that show for a good laugh!

T Vance

imported post

miked wrote:
T Vance wrote:
...I have been playing an online game called COUNTER STRIKE for about 10 years. It's a fun combat game.
I played counter strike for two years straight when it first came out. That's the one that got me hooked on online games.
The thing I liked about that game was how realistic the gameplay was. There were servers that had certain plug ins that had extra fake things, but if you played how it was originally made, it was like real life combat. The whole "Terrorist" vs "Counter Terrorist" aspect of the game was cool. Rescuing hostages, or defusing bombs gave each team a sense of purpose. I miss playing it. It is very addictive. Between the various sounds and maps for the game I think it uses up about 35GB of my hard drive.

steve

imported post

I have a wife kid's and a job but i still hammer on the games..

counterstrike 1.6 and source (mostly gungame or zombie mod)steam name is maztamynd

bf2, l4d

also built a arcade machine upto play all the old console system rom's on.

northofnowhere

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Got like $2000 invested in my gaming rig so I can play starcraft and counter strike 1.6, lol. I just don't like change. BTW, thier names are Titan and Zeus.

And the geeks shall inherit the internet....
zeus_titan_smaller.jpg

zeus_smaller.jpg

DJ_Amish

imported post

Playing on pc with 28'' monitor on new gaming system
COD:WaW
Left 4 Dead
Turning Point: Fall of Liberty
Far Cry 2

On PS3 i play fallout 3, guitar hero games.

northofnowhere

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Nothing but the best for north! I wanted two matching cases for my two main systems that were simple and classy. I was actually looking for green, but ended up going silver. I was looking in the $100-$200 range and all those cases seemed gawdy and designed for two year olds with a gold card. Just too busy. Finally I found those two for $29.99 each, lol. They are the cheapest things ever but they work and are simple looking, but classy in my book.

RAIDMAX Astro ATX-268WS Silver 0.7mm Japanese SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
It is a deactivated item at newegg.com but the link is: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811156019

:)