• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Will this help WI? (Bye Bye Doyle!)

Superlite27

imported post

As an avid firearms rights advocate, I follow what's going on in Wisconsin. (Even though I'm in Missouri.) I believe it's the responsibility of all who are interested in firearms rights to support EVERYONE seeking more freedom regardless of where they are located.

I came across this in my meandering crawl through the intraweb:

Is this going to "help the cause"?

EDIT: try inserting a colon and a"D" where the stupid emoticon appears in the link.I can't seem to be able to type a colon and a D without the damned text automatically assuming I want to smile. I can't even fix it without it being automatically "fixed" back the way I don't want it.

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Now that it is official that Doyle will not be running for re-election we must be ever so much more vigilant. If he has interest in recinding the preemption statute and of making open carry illlegal, as has been reported, he is now in a position to "let it all hang out". He has nothing to lose now. He has to placate no one. He can put all his engergies into fulfilling his agenda.

Landose_theghost

imported post

Lammie wrote:
Now that it is official that Doyle will not be running for re-election we must be ever so much more vigilant. If he has interest in recinding the preemption statute and of making open carry illlegal, as has been reported, he is now in a position to "let it all hang out". He has nothing to lose now. He has to placate no one. He can put all his engergies into fulfilling his agenda.
I think he knows where he stands, and more so where we stand on that argument...He's seen what united Gun owners are capable of here in WI.

Off topic, does anyone know when his last day is? I think a celebretory OC event is in order on that date...

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Lammie wrote:

And how easy or difficult would it be the alter the state constitution that near 80%? of WI residents approved? I do not see it being possible to do, no matter how much he tries.
Andat the same time, if it takes something as underhanded as that. I feel it would make it easier to organize and unite all the firearm owners of this state and descend upon Madison to raise a major stink.