• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Dinner near Richmond.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It's a bit early for planning the next formal dinner date (probably 9/8/09). Lots of issues were brought up/out at the last one that need to be considered.

Be assured someone will post the info here.

How about making one of the OC breakfasts? They happen almost every Saturday.

stay safe.

skidmark

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Greater Richmond OC dinners are generally held the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 7:00 PM. Posting of the invitation/announcement most often appears a week or so in advance, after the ad hoc committee decision.

OC breakfasts are generally smaller and most often held on Sat. at 9:30 AM - announcement precedes them on Thurs. evening or Fri.

Want to get involved and/or meet like minded people? Come on out to the monthly VCDL meeting tonight (8/20/09) at the North Park Library at 8505 Franconia Rd, Richmond (Henrico) at 7:00 PM. Its open to the public. Always lots of good info and we go out to eat afterwards.
http://www2.vcdl.org/cgi-bin/wspd_cgi.sh/vcdl/vadetail.html?RECID=4065953&FILTER=

Yata hey

papabear

imported post

I dont know ,usual get up time is 4 am. If the weather is permitting I might just ride the bike down there.Map quest says 90 plus miles. 1hr 56 minutes.So not to sure Ill make this 1 .Usually like to eat my Breakfast earlier then 9.30. Maybe next time.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

papabear wrote:
I dont know ,usual get up time is 4 am. If the weather is permitting I might just ride the bike down there.

You'll love the roads there:

road-1.jpg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

hlh wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Greater Richmond OC dinners are generally held the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 7:30 PM. Posting of the invitation/announcement most often appears a week or so in advance, after the ad hoc committee decision.

OC breakfasts are generally smaller and most often held on Sat. at 9:30 AM - announcement precedes them on Thurs. evening or Fri.

Want to get involved and/or meet like minded people? Come on out to the monthly VCDL meeting tonight (8/20/09) at the North Park Library at 8505 Franconia Rd, Richmond (Henrico) at 7:00 PM. Its open to the public. Always lots of good info and we go out to eat afterwards.
http://www2.vcdl.org/cgi-bin/wspd_cgi.sh/vcdl/vadetail.html?RECID=4065953&FILTER=

Yata hey
The only correction would be we normally meet at 7 pm.
Knew I could count on you. Just wanted to see if you were on your toes. ;)

Went back and fixed it - 7:00 PM it is.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

livitup wrote:
skidmark wrote:
Lots of issues were brought up/out at the last one that need to be considered.
There were? I was there... did I miss something?
Not really. There was some conversation about wishing that we were not so hidden from common observation. Takes the edge off the political statement of OCing if no one sees you type of thing.

Not aware of anything else.

Yata hey

livitup

imported post

Gotcha.

In defense of the establishment, my family has eaten there many times before, sometimes with large groups. Without fail they seat large groups in the same section we were in. The main area of the restaurant is not really set up for a group. It is about 75% booths with one row of tables down the center that they tend to like to keep open to sit smaller parties (each booth seats 6-8 comfortably).

I don't think there was anything nefarious going on... if we were soccer coaches or the Brady bunch we still would have been seated where we were. I would not read anything into our location, other than the restaurant isn't really set up well from a furniture perspective. :D

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

livitup wrote:
Gotcha.

In defense of the establishment, my family has eaten there many times before, sometimes with large groups. Without fail they seat large groups in the same section we were in. The main area of the restaurant is not really set up for a group. It is about 75% booths with one row of tables down the center that they tend to like to keep open to sit smaller parties (each booth seats 6-8 comfortably).

I don't think there was anything nefarious going on... if we were soccer coaches or the Brady bunch we still would have been seated where we were. I would not read anything into our location, other than the restaurant isn't really set up well from a furniture perspective. :D
Not complaining at all about the seating location, understand the why and wherefore. Mike and the staff were great and most accommodating. Some (a few) indicated that more exposure to the public might have generated more conversations.

Will go back there again as I enjoyed it.

Yata hey