Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glenn Beck "Letter from Arizona"

scubabeme

Post imported post

Post imported post

Very good read!! I'll be passing this along.

Banned

Post imported post

Nothing from that site should be taken seriously... or even read, for that matter.

Post imported post

Stylez, aren't you supposed to be polishing the teachers Apple this time of year?

Banned

Post imported post

No I'm too busy laughing at people linking articles from bat-**** crazy Glenn Beck's website.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    No I'm too busy laughing at people linking articles from bat-@#$% crazy Glenn Beck's website.
    Cite please? I don't agree with everything he says but haven't found him bat-@#$% crazy? OH wait that's right he must be because he doesn't believe in government control.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

Nothing is crazy about Glen Beck. He is right on target with most issues, IMHO. We need more patriots like him.

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    No I'm too busy laughing at people linking articles from bat-@#$% crazy Glenn Beck's website.
    You might want to brush up on one of the classic examples of fallacious reasoning.

When you establish a reputation for illogical thinking, it becomes all that much harder for people to trust you if you do happen to make a good point.

TFred

Post imported post

TFred wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:
    You might want to brush up on one of the classic examples of fallacious reasoning.

When you establish a reputation for illogical thinking, it becomes all that much harder for people to trust you if you do happen to make a good point.

TFred
    An ad hominem argument, also known as argumentum ad hominem (Latin: "argument to the man" or "argument against the man") consists of replying to an argument or factual claim by attacking or appealing to a characteristic or belief of the person making the argument or claim, rather than by addressing the substance of the argument or producing evidence against the claim.
    The process of proving or disproving the claim is thereby subverted, and the argumentum ad hominem works to change the subject.
    Hmmmm...who do we know that does this? Anyone? Anyone?

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Post imported post

Stylez, I would love to hear logical, reason-based arguments against anything Glenn says. In fact, I spend time each day actively looking for such arguments, but they are few and far between -- and almost always wrong.

All I ever hear are personal attacks and emotional appeals.

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    Nothing from that site should be taken seriously... or even read, for that matter.
    coming from you, that only means it's a must read.

Post imported post

A good read.I hope the authors predictions at the end come true.

Post imported post

DKSuddeth wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:
    coming from you, that only means it's a must read.
    Have you noticed that he reacts to anyone who doesn't "believe" in Obama, the way a Christian hyper-zealot reacts to anyone who doesn't "believe" in Jesus?

I ditched Catholicism because I didn't believe in a supernatural god. I'm sure not going to worship a mortal political sociopath in his place.

AWDStylez is the political version of Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptist Church.
    --- Gun control: The theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists.

Banned

Post imported post

Statesman wrote:
    Nothing is crazy about Glen Beck. He is right on target with most issues, IMHO. We need more patriots like him.

LOL Faux at its finest. They give you what you want, you tune in and gobble it up, ratings skyrocket... profit $$$$$

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    LOL Faux at its finest. They give you what you want, you tune in and gobble it up, ratings skyrocket... profit $$$$$
    Still no logical rebuttals to offer, huh? It is when people like you stop hating and fighting that we need to worry.

Profit motive is what built this country and is the sole method of sustainable economic growth. WTF is wrong with it?

Banned

Post imported post

ScottyT wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:
    Still no logical rebuttals to offer, huh? It is when people like you stop hating and fighting that we need to worry.

Profit motive is what built this country and is the sole method of sustainable economic growth. WTF is wrong with it?
    LOL That laughs are non-stop.

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    ScottyT wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:

LOL That laughs are non-stop.
    Again you prove my point. Thanks!

Post imported post

Oh, the people are laughing alright.

TFred

Banned

Post imported post

ScottyT wrote:

No, no... my dear boy, let me explain how you prove MY point.

Glenn Beck's demographic is right-wing,tinfoil hat nut cases. That isn't who comes to him, that's who his show is designed and scripted to please. Faux has found a niche for itself in the mainstream media. The right-wing moonbats make up a sizeable chunk of the American population, and they've been totally neglected by the mainstream media who would rather cater to more educated... reasonable... people. So Faux news is there for YOU, the lowest common denominator of the view public. Congrats. The very fact that you watch Glenn Beck proves my points of both you being an idiot, and him being a source for tinfoil hattery.

Post imported post

The writer of the "letter from Arizona" is spot-on. Oh, if the statists do not feel the earth moving, they soon will. We the People have awakened, and Obama and his handlers are apoplectic.

We should as another member has oft said "keep our powder dry", but the ballot box still holds more hope than the cartridge box. The blathering politicians at the "town halls" have dug a nice deep hole for themselves, and they shovel on at their own risk. I might even be so bold as to venture that a sizable number of "Blue Dog" Dems could concievably change their identity to Republican so as to oust Pelosi, Ried, Hoyer et al out of these powerful positions.

Ted Kennedy and Robert "Sheets" Byrd are both at death's door and threaten the "filibuster-proof" majority in the Senate. The use of the so-called "nuclear option" to pass health care (and which was so loudly deplored by the DemonRatz when the Republicans threatened its use) will at a minimum expose these frauds for what they are.

This November's statewide Gubernatorial and State Legislative elections are about to show the Ratz how red even some solid blue states are turning.

"Hammer away, Ye Heathen hands!

Your hammers break!

God's Anvil stands!"

So there.

Post imported post

...again no cites or decent argumental rebuttals. Typical of Styles. He has nothing but rhetoric. He just can't help it he is has mental problems.

Post imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
    ScottyT wrote:

No, no... my dear boy, let me explain how you prove MY point.

Glenn Beck's demographic is right-wing,tinfoil hat nut cases. That isn't who comes to him, that's who his show is designed and scripted to please. Faux has found a niche for itself in the mainstream media. The right-wing moonbats make up a sizeable chunk of the American population, and they've been totally neglected by the mainstream media who would rather cater to more educated... reasonable... people. So Faux news is there for YOU, the lowest common denominator of the view public. Congrats. The very fact that you watch Glenn Beck proves my points of both you being an idiot, and him being a source for tinfoil hattery.
    ad hominem, ad infinitum...

You again offer nothing but personal attacks instead of intelligent rebuttal. You also presume to know me and my politics (most assuredly NOT republican or right wing), which is another fatal fallacy to your unintelligent responses.

You want to try again?

Post imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
    ...again no cites or decent argumental rebuttals. Typical of Styles. He has nothing but rhetoric. He just can't help it he is has mental problems.
    That's his normal MO... Just rhetoric, personal feelings, opinions and personal attacks. Never any facts. Isn't that typical of the far left?
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Post imported post

Stylez, I'd love to meet you person to person someday, on good terms of course, it'd be like going to the exotic zoo, just to say i saw one, and someone knowlegable of the species pointed you out for me so I could readily recognize another one just like you on my own if another happened to cross my path again in life. I wouldn't know whether to hug you out of pitty, or smack you on the back of the head to see if it just may be possible that you were in a major brain fart..

Post imported post

Carnivore wrote:
    Stylez, I'd love to meet you person to person someday, on good terms of course, it'd be like going to the exotic zoo, just to say i saw one, and someone knowlegable of the species pointed you out for me so I could readily recognize another one just like you on my own if another happened to cross my path again in life. I wouldn't know whether to hug you out of pitty, or smack you on the back of the head to see if it just may be possible that you were in a major brain fart..
    +1... I am honestly laughing out loud. That's FUNNY, right there! I'm not sure how you can identify them onvisual inspectionalone. I used to think they were just stupid and couldn't understand reality, but that theory was disproved when I met a good friend of my daughter's. Her friend is an Obumma supporter. She's intelligent and is a very nice young lady. The only reasonable explaination remaining is that they are brainwashed. Thoroughly and completely. My daughter doesn't even bring up politics with her friend because she just sings the party song with no variations. She can't defend her position, she can only attack what everyone else has done and that we just need "change". My daughter just shook her head...
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast