• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glenn Beck "Letter from Arizona"

sudden valley gunner

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
No I'm too busy laughing at people linking articles from bat-@#$% crazy Glenn Beck's website.
Cite please? I don't agree with everything he says but haven't found him bat-@#$% crazy? OH wait that's right he must be because he doesn't believe in government control.

TFred

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
No I'm too busy laughing at people linking articles from bat-@#$% crazy Glenn Beck's website.
You might want to brush up on one of the classic examples of fallacious reasoning.

When you establish a reputation for illogical thinking, it becomes all that much harder for people to trust you if you do happen to make a good point.

TFred

sudden valley gunner

imported post

TFred wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
You might want to brush up on one of the classic examples of fallacious reasoning.

When you establish a reputation for illogical thinking, it becomes all that much harder for people to trust you if you do happen to make a good point.

TFred
An ad hominem argument, also known as argumentum ad hominem (Latin: "argument to the man" or "argument against the man") consists of replying to an argument or factual claim by attacking or appealing to a characteristic or belief of the person making the argument or claim, rather than by addressing the substance of the argument or producing evidence against the claim.
The process of proving or disproving the claim is thereby subverted, and the argumentum ad hominem works to change the subject.
Hmmmm...who do we know that does this? Anyone? Anyone?

ScottyT

imported post

Stylez, I would love to hear logical, reason-based arguments against anything Glenn says. In fact, I spend time each day actively looking for such arguments, but they are few and far between -- and almost always wrong.

All I ever hear are personal attacks and emotional appeals.

Deanimator

imported post

DKSuddeth wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Nothing from that site should be taken seriously... or even read, for that matter.
coming from you, that only means it's a must read.
Have you noticed that he reacts to anyone who doesn't "believe" in Obama, the way a Christian hyper-zealot reacts to anyone who doesn't "believe" in Jesus?

I ditched Catholicism because I didn't believe in a supernatural god. I'm sure not going to worship a mortal political sociopath in his place.

AWDStylez is the political version of Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptist Church.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Statesman wrote:
Nothing is crazy about Glen Beck. He is right on target with most issues, IMHO. We need more patriots like him.

LOL Faux at its finest. They give you what you want, you tune in and gobble it up, ratings skyrocket... profit $$$$$

ScottyT

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
LOL Faux at its finest. They give you what you want, you tune in and gobble it up, ratings skyrocket... profit $$$$$
Still no logical rebuttals to offer, huh? It is when people like you stop hating and fighting that we need to worry.

Profit motive is what built this country and is the sole method of sustainable economic growth. WTF is wrong with it?

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

ScottyT wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Still no logical rebuttals to offer, huh? It is when people like you stop hating and fighting that we need to worry.

Profit motive is what built this country and is the sole method of sustainable economic growth. WTF is wrong with it?
LOL That laughs are non-stop.

ScottyT

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
ScottyT wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:

LOL That laughs are non-stop.
Again you prove my point. Thanks!

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

ScottyT wrote:
Again you prove my point. Thanks!

No, no... my dear boy, let me explain how you prove MY point.

Glenn Beck's demographic is right-wing,tinfoil hat nut cases. That isn't who comes to him, that's who his show is designed and scripted to please. Faux has found a niche for itself in the mainstream media. The right-wing moonbats make up a sizeable chunk of the American population, and they've been totally neglected by the mainstream media who would rather cater to more educated... reasonable... people. So Faux news is there for YOU, the lowest common denominator of the view public. Congrats. The very fact that you watch Glenn Beck proves my points of both you being an idiot, and him being a source for tinfoil hattery.

Alexcabbie

imported post

The writer of the "letter from Arizona" is spot-on. Oh, if the statists do not feel the earth moving, they soon will. We the People have awakened, and Obama and his handlers are apoplectic.

We should as another member has oft said "keep our powder dry", but the ballot box still holds more hope than the cartridge box. The blathering politicians at the "town halls" have dug a nice deep hole for themselves, and they shovel on at their own risk. I might even be so bold as to venture that a sizable number of "Blue Dog" Dems could concievably change their identity to Republican so as to oust Pelosi, Ried, Hoyer et al out of these powerful positions.

Ted Kennedy and Robert "Sheets" Byrd are both at death's door and threaten the "filibuster-proof" majority in the Senate. The use of the so-called "nuclear option" to pass health care (and which was so loudly deplored by the DemonRatz when the Republicans threatened its use) will at a minimum expose these frauds for what they are.

This November's statewide Gubernatorial and State Legislative elections are about to show the Ratz how red even some solid blue states are turning.

[align=center]"Hammer away, Ye Heathen hands![/align]
[align=center]Your hammers break![/align]
[align=center]God's Anvil stands!"[/align]
[align=left]So there.[/align]