• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ceasefire NJ Director expresses alarm at success of OpenCarry.org

ScottyDog

imported post

SSShhhh.... don't give away my secrets.. :p The armrests are actually plasma cannons and the back wheels fold out horizontally and become rotors so I can fly !

-Scott

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I would love for this 'shock troop' label to get at least half the publicity that the 'bitter clinger' remark got....

"I am a Shock Trooper of the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy" - who wants a bumper sticker?

useful_idiot

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Too bad there might still be copyright issues, but Reddy Kilowatt (with a gun) would be a great mascot! :celebrate
I'm drawing a blank. Storm Troopers or Starship Troopers I can grasp... "Shock Troops" not so much.

:question:

Michigander

imported post

wewd wrote:
Shock trooper #573 reporting for duty. I'm still waiting for my check from the gun lobby that I am not a member of. The same gun lobby that has absolutely nothing to do with the open carry movement. The same gun lobby that would happily negotiate our right to open carry away for concealed carry privileges that we must beg our elected overlords for permission to do. It's uncanny how well these people know us and our motivations.

A couple years ago when I started open carrying, I remember basically feeling lonely about it. No one was volunteering to help me or anyone else cover legal expenses if something bad happened, gun shops would have kicked me out immediately if I went in them, police at that time were far more likely to go nuts, and almost no one anywhere knew open carry was legal. 4 of us came from all over Michigan to have the first Michigan meeting. Then, as now, the NRA didn't especially give a rats ass about us. Nor did almost any other organizations. Hundreds of people are now involved in Michigan, but to this day, if we get wrongly prosecuted, we could really be up shit creek if we don't have 5 or 10 grand in the bank. We are still pretty much on our own, and guided only by a common desire to promote and defend ourselves and our rights, with no other political or social motivations.

So with all that said, I find Bryan to have no room to talk on the matter. The very concept that the gun lobby has anything to do with us is extraordinarily laughable. We open carry for our own safety, and to protect and expand our rights and the rights of future generations. That's really about all there is to it.

Mr Miller should go to a free state sometime, and go to an open carry meeting so that maybe he can learn some things and make some intelligent comments on the matter.

Bustelo5%

imported post

What I love about the guy who wrote this article is how ignorante he is to say things like ( it will be socially acceptable to see people in places of worship with guns) Well this guy defintly didnt go to school in America because we here have something called the SEPERATION OF Church and state/FEDERAL governmet. If my hippie pastor wants to team up with the the muslim mosuqe and have a OC Rally during worship WE CAN and Dont NEED your Permission to say hold a Ralley in a Jersey place of worship.
OWNED

andrewtf

imported post

I'm not sure you guys have been following NJ politics but there was 44 people in government recently caught in corruption charges including one of Corzine's own cabinet members. And that very weekend when all this news was breaking, Corzine decides its more important to talk about stricter gun laws, instead of the broad sweep of corruption in NJ.

They are running the mantra that "guns are bad" and it's not working as people have realized the gun laws currently in force are not working. And it's failing Corzine as he originally ran as being a democrat with a strong fiscal mind in business, and he has only sunk NJ further into the economic tar pit of corruption.

Sadly, my vote for Lonegan in the primaries, didn't get him the GOP nomination, and Christie is abysmal on erroneous gun laws at best.

Legba

imported post

How did I miss this? Very cool. Shock troops indeed - I guess we have arrived. Will need to start on the command bunker now that I'm all puffed up from this swell press...

As for the rest of the article, I certainly don't want everyone armed. In fact, the primary reason I carry is to protect myself from the people who are armed and shouldn't be.

-ljp

KansasMustang

imported post

All RIGHT, which one of you evil minded, mean, nasty, rotten, swastika carrying white robed OCDO'ers was it that was open carrying in Phoenix? Ha ha good goin!!! Dang I'm so proud of them folks I could bust my shirt buttons!!! And God bless the LE's that knew the folks rights!!! IF that had happened in St louis and Orlando do you think the Union thugs and ACORN pukes would have gotten rowdy?
Keep your powder dry!

jsimmons

imported post

I think we should all start wearing arm-bands proclaiming our membership in the Shock Troop Legion. Members are recognized by their Yosemite Sam pins and their ability to say "dubudah dubudah dubaduh dat's all folks!".

XD-GEM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Funny, I don't feel like a shock trooper.

Isn't Brian Miller the guy who squared off on TV against our very owngun totin' soccer mom shefearsnothing? He was an idiot on that debate and he seems almost desperate in this article.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

XD-GEM wrote:
Funny, I don't feel like a shock trooper.

Isn't Brian Miller the guy who squared off on TV against our very owngun totin' soccer mom shefearsnothing? He was an idiot on that debate and he seems almost desperate in this article.
I missed that debate where can I find a link to it?