• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Freedom Alert: Marcus Corporation does not support your rights

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

As per our members experience and subsequent communications with executives at Marcus Corporation please be aware that Marcus Corporation doesn't support your right to carry. Oh wait... they support your right to carry. Just as long as its not on "their" property. Hypocrisy at its finest.

As such please be avoid patronizing Marcus Corporation establishments in the future:

A list of hotel/resort properties can be found here:

http://www.marcusresorts.com/hotel_portfolio/hotel_portfolio.asp

A list of Marcus owned theatres is here:

http://www.marcustheatres.com/index_sub.cfm?pageid=subpages/locations.cfm

As we have many choices in movie theatres and resert/hotel options it should be very easy to avoid patronizing a business that does not support your rights as law-abiding citizens.

Carry on (just not at Marcus properties)

While you are at it feel free to email the president of Marcus Theatres and executive at Marcus Corporation to let them know about the business they will be losing:

bruceolson@marcustheatres.com

tomkissinger@marcuscorp.com

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

I'm thinking as a courtesy to Marcus Corporation we should also pass this information along to other forums.

glocktalk

ar-15.com

I forget my login for those. Can someone please post to those forums and include a link here.

Any other forums we should post this too? Please list:

As a courtesy I have emailed a link to this thread to the executives at Marcus corporation.

I note that Marcus corporation is in several states, I will post this in the respective state-specific forums there also.

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'll post it on GT and AR15, however, I think we should add something to have them contact Marcus and let them know they aren't going to patronize there business because of this. I would still like to patronize their business, I'd rather have them change their policies!

a list of email address of the executives would help...

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Here are a list of Top Executives I've found...

Stephen Marcus, Chairman
Douglas Neis, CFO and Treasurer
H. Fred Delmenhorst, VP- HR
Bruce Olson, Group VP - bruceolson@marcustheatres.com
Thomas Kissinger, Gen. Counsel and Sec. - tomkissinger@marcuscorp.com

based on the 2 confirmed email addresses we have we could assume the same format and send them to both the marcustheatres.com and marcuscorp.com addresses and see what happens...

(UPDATED) meaning these addresses until we confirm...
douglasneis@marcustheatres.com (only address that didn't come back as recipient failed)

and of course these two...
bruceolson@marcustheatres.com
tomkissinger@marcuscorp.com

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

I also posted this alert to every state that has a Marcus hotel/resort property in addition to the states that have Marcus Theatres:

Illinois
Iowa
California
Arizona
Texas
Missouri
North Dakota
Nebraska
Oklahoma
Ohio
Minnesota

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I sent emails to all of those address above, we'll see if I get any responses back (or fail to deliver messages)...

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Mugenlude wrote:
I sent emails to all of those address above, we'll see if I get any responses back (or fail to deliver messages)...
douglasneis@marcustheatres.com is the only address that did not come back as recipient failed.... I updated my post above, it would be nice to find the email address of the other executives, if you can do so please let us know.

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well to those of in the Milwaukee area the theater in the Mayfair mall is owned by AMC not Marcus. Looks like I'll be seeing Inglorious Bastards and District 9 there. Of course we just might run into the same issues there...

/sigh

MadisonRebel

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Just a note, if you're in Madison, your movie theater choices are screwed. The only non-Marcus theater that I'm aware of is Sundance Cinema. Now, they're so far up their own asses that I'd assume they'd call the cops on an OCer, but it doesn't matter, because they serve beer and wine there, so it's illegal.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

hugh jarmis wrote:
As per our members experience and subsequent communications with executives at Marcus Corporation please be aware that Marcus Corporation doesn't support your right to carry. Oh wait... they support your right to carry. Just as long as its not on "their" property. Hypocrisy at its finest.
What did Marcus Corp. do?

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
imported post

HankT wrote:
hugh jarmis wrote:
I was asked to place my firearm in the car while waiting quietly for the movie to start.

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
imported post

lowdog wrote:
can you post what they said in their response?

Sent: Wed 8/19/09 7:40 AM
Cc: Tom Kissinger (tomkissinger@marcuscorp.com)

Code:
In response to your concerns about not permitting our patrons to carry
weapons into out theatres, please understand that The Marcus Corporation
does not allow its customers to carry firearms onto its premises.  We
believe this policy helps us to provide a safe environment for our
guests. We have also been assured by counsel that our policy is
consistent with all laws and does not violate the Wisconsin
Constitution.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and I hope you
better appreciate our position.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

GlockMeisterG21 wrote:
HankT wrote:
I was asked to place my firearm in the car while waiting quietly for the movie to start.

OK. Thanks.

GlockMeisterG21 wrote:
Sent: Wed 8/19/09 7:40 AM
Cc: Tom Kissinger (tomkissinger@marcuscorp.com)

Code:
In response to your concerns about not permitting our patrons to carry
weapons into out theatres, please understand that The Marcus Corporation
does not allow its customers to carry firearms onto its premises. We
believe this policy helps us to provide a safe environment for our
guests. We have also been assured by counsel that our policy is
consistent with all laws and does not violate the Wisconsin
Constitution.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and I hope you
better appreciate our position.
Doesn't seem hypocritical, as HJ suggests. They just don't want OC (or CC) on there property is all.

A national boycott call for this? Uh, OK. I'm down wit dat. I won't go to any Marcus theaters. Of course, they don't have any in my state. But if they open one up here...

BTW, what are the policies regarding guns of the alternative resorts and theaters?

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Last time I went to the movies I was OCing at Marcus Theater in La Crosse. Nobody really seemed to notice though, except the couple I sat behind because they got up and moved when we sat down.

But for me, it's either go to Marcus Theaters, or some other really shitty theater with no drink holders, old hard seats, and horrible surround sound. Marcus gives military discount, so I get in for $6.50 at night...the other is like $9.

I don't go to the theater often, but least Marcus supports the military.