• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Freedom Alert: Marcus Corporation does not support your rights

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

logan wrote:
I don't go to the theater often, but least Marcus supports the military.

Well, that's a bigplus for Marcus, then. You might consider dropping a note to Bruce Olson to let him know that.

They may not be as bad as HJ paints them...

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

HankT wrote:
logan wrote:
I don't go to the theater often, but least Marcus supports the military.

Well, that's a bigplus for Marcus, then. You might consider dropping a note to Bruce Olson to let him know that.

Maybe I'll keeping carrying when I go and see if anything ever happens. But I love the response of...

We believe this policy helps us to provide a safe environment for our guests.
I need to e-mail and just make sure they know that prohibiting firearms only keeps the law abiding citizens from carrying them, where criminals will carry anywhere they want!

Maybe I could thank them for the military discount and mention the firearm thing at the same time...so it's not a completely negative e-mail. Also let them know why I want to carry there. A movie theater seems like a great opportunity for a mass murderer, especially opening weekends of movies. Worse than even a mall, as people are packed closely together. So I'd like to sit there and enjoy my movie, feeling safe that if something crazy were to happen, I can protect those around me and those I love.

I'll prob get around to that tomorrow...as I'm tired and I got nothing going on tomorrow!

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Also keep in mind the time when you leave the theatre and head to your vehicle (a lot of time at night)... you are unarmed and are subject to be mugged/raped/etc....

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

HankT wrote
As long as they retain this policy, yes they are as bad as HJ paints them. They are limiting your rights! We have to make examples of these people so others don't follow in line. Send out those emails!!!!

comp45acp

imported post

Email sent to Mr. Neis, the CFO. This is the guy you want to write to as he is the guy held accountable for the profitability of the company.

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

I believe I painted them in an accurate light. How you chose to perceive them was your doing not mine.

I apologize I haven't researched every endeavor (charitable or otherwise) that Marcus corporation participates in.

Perhaps upon hearing of how easily some people are willing to cut them slack Marcus corporation will donate $100 to the open-carry radio campaign and then everything will be a-ok?????? (while they continue to deny their customers the right to bear arms on their property)

I'm more of a substance over symbolism guy myself. (not the other way around)Your mileage may vary.

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Mugenlude wrote:
Also keep in mind the time when you leave the theatre and head to your vehicle (a lot of time at night)... you are unarmed and are subject to be mugged/raped/etc....
oh ya, I always think of that too.

Sajuuk

imported post

Any updates on this? I can't seem to get any responses out of them by email. I have never had any issues at the Southgate Theater that I frequent, but it would be incredibly embarrassing to get kicked out if my kids have their hearts set on a movie.

I've got an email in to GGP, who owns Mayfair Mall / Theater, but I haven't heard from them either.

So far for me, I guess I'll just be buying DVD's at Best Buy. They have confirmed that they're okay with it.

Sajuuk

imported post

http://www.jsonline.com/business/59611552.html
Marcus' first-quarter income down 17.7%
By Tom Daykin of the Journal Sentinel

Posted: Sept. 17, 2009 7:50 a.m.

Milwaukee-based hotel and theater operator Marcus Corp.'s first quarter net income dropped by 17.7%, to $10.2 million from $12.4 million, after the company's hotel revenue plunged because of an industry-wide decline in travel, the company reported Thursday.

Marcus Corp.'s earnings were 34 cents a share for the period ending Aug. 27, compared with 42 cents a share from the year-earlier period. The company posted revenue of $110.2 million, an 8.5% decline from $120.4 million.

"The solid results of Marcus Theatres again helped to compensate for the downturn in the lodging industry and its impact on the performance of Marcus Hotels and Resorts," said Gregory S. Marcus, president and chief executive officer, in a statement.

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

Thats too bad... If I was Marcus Corp, I'd be trying to attract EVERY customer I could! Not alienate the good law-abiding customers who just wanted to exercise constitutional freedoms while patronizing their establishments.