• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

U.S Bank

James06

imported post

I have been meaning to write about this for a while but havent got to it, this happened on thursday August 6.

I have two accounts with U.S Bank and it was time to make a deposit in one of them up until that day I hadnt carried into a bank yet because i was too nervous but i was feeling good that day and decided to try it. So I walk into the bank and get in line at first it seems like if nobody is goin to notice im carrying. I start filling out a counter receipt for my deposit, when I hear a shrill voice ask me "You have a badge or something to show me son?" I turn around and a short chubby middle aged woman with U.S bank Name tag that says Assnt Manager is standing there behind me with her hands on her hips she asks me again "Son do you have a badge that lets you carry tha in her?" at this point I look around and all tha employees are standing from their desks and staring at me. Two men come and stand next to the Assnt Manager almost pinning me against the counter. I start explaining to the Manager how open carry is legal even inside a bank I try to show her a pamphlet but she did not want to see it her response was "Oh ill find out if you can do that or not in my bank ill be right back you just wait here" she storms oof in to her office and the two other employess stay to "keep an eye" on me. I decide im not going to waste my time so i push trough the employees to the counter where the clerk is and tell give him my deposit slip he takes it and completes my transaction as i am getting ready to leave the Assnt Manager comes back out and says "I talked to the regional manager so you cant carry that in here unles you a a police officer or armed security guard" I say ok and that I will be closing my accounts with them as soon as I get back from my honeymoon she says "Go ahead" I walk to my car and call the U.S corporate offices who in turn give me the regional managers number I call her an she tells me its against corporate policy to have ANY weapon in their banks becasue "It makes you look like if you are about to rob thea bank and will make other customers nervous". I tell her i will close my accounts she says "Im sorry you have to do that we respect your rigths but we cant allow you to have a weapon in our banks."

Well so it looks like I need A new bank now, Any Suggestions?

BobR

imported post

You need to find out who the bank's security manager ( regional or higher) and ask them that question. Often times the "managers" will make an assumption of what they want the rules to be when there is no set policy in place or can be found.

FWIW, I OC in Sterling all the time.

bob

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

should have asked her if you're the bank of america why are you taking away one of the rights us american's have.

anyway I never like boa, they are snobs and theor cust service always sucked

you can try wells fargo. never oc'd there but they are always friendly

5918mike

imported post

I ended up closing my US Bank account about 3 years ago after being told the same thing at the Smokey Point branch. Corporate confirmed it through e-mails.

bobestes

imported post

You might check out Chase. I've only OC'd in the Aberdeen branch once since it became Chase, but I OC'd and CC'd there many times when it was still WAMU. I don't know what official policy Chase has, but it might be nice to find out.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

My US Bank branch doesn't have a problem with me OC'ing but that may be because they know me on site. However I had to use another branch last week and the girl at the counter wouldn't even serve me until I locked it up. I went to the drive thru (same girl) and did my transaction. The manager came over to inform me that that her head of security told her no weapons and she confirmed it with corporate as well. A few phone calls later I verified it as well. I was told we can use the drive thru with no problems......

DEROS72

imported post

Like M1 gunr I go into my US bank all the time with out any problems.I have also gone into the downtown branch with out an issue.

FunkTrooper

imported post

Anyone know anything about WSECU? I have to deposit a check but I think I'm going to just conceal it as I don't want to call them and ask permission, or deal with overzealous police and there the only credit union here in town.

brianstone1985

imported post

With any bank depending on the employees of that Branch you may have push back but I can tell you as an employee with certainty that Bank of America has a "follow whatever the state law is" rule regarding firearms.

Phssthpok

imported post

brianstone1985 wrote:
With any bank depending on the employees of that Branch you may have push back but I can tell you as an employee with certainty that Bank of America has a "follow whatever the state law is" rule regarding firearms.

Cite please? Documents?

I'm not accusing you of a false statement, I'm just having issues with a couple of branches down here in Vancouver, and I'd love to have something official to 'parry and thrust' with.

DEROS72

imported post

My daughter is branch manager at the Enumclaw Chase she wouldn't have an issue.Although I said she should work for another bank since they huge financial supporters of Obama an their CEO is an Obama advisor.

deanf

imported post

This discussion of what corporate policy might be is all well and good, but let's keep in mind that the employees at the branch can make any rules they want against guns anytime they want, and change them at will, corporate policy notwithstanding.

They may not (or may) have the authority under their employer's rules of conduct to change the rules on the fly, but they certainly have the legal authority, and we have to respect it.

5jeffro7

imported post

bobestes wrote:
You might check out Chase. I've only OC'd in the Aberdeen branch once since it became Chase, but I OC'd and CC'd there many times when it was still WAMU. I don't know what official policy Chase has, but it might be nice to find out.

I ended up calling chase corporate security because of "isssues" with my branch manager & talked with "danielle". She informed me that the have no written policy about firearms in their brancehes & that it is left up to the discretion of the branch manager. she also went on to say that for the most part, none of the managers thinks that she (even being corporate security) should even be allowed to carry in their branch.

Aaron1124

imported post

In my opinion, telling a person to leave your business for carrying a firearm is nothing different than telling a person to leave because they have blond hair.