• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

U.S Bank

joeroket

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
deanf wrote:
This discussion of what corporate policy might be is all well and good, but let's keep in mind that the employees at the branch can make any rules they want against guns anytime they want, and change them at will, corporate policy notwithstanding.
Employees - no.  Managers - yes, depending on the authority that the corporation gives to them.  A teller cannot forbid your firearms carry and a teller cannot cause you to be charged with trespassing.  Only the person who controls that property can, which is the manager.

I agree with you but the reality of it is that most corporations look at everyone of their employees as having control over the property. It is the manager that has the final decision but each employee is empowered to eject a person.

James06

imported post

So in other words unless the people in the bank are familiar with me and dont mind me carrying i wont be asked to leave?? that doesnt sound verry good...

deanf

imported post

A teller cannot forbid your firearms carry and a teller cannot cause you to be charged with trespassing.

You've got to separate the private corporate policy (which is none of our business) from the trespass law.

The police and the court will not be interested in the private corporate policy delegating certain authorities. Did an employee tell you to leave? Yes. Did you refuse? Yes. Result: trespass conviction. How else do you think it would play out in court?

joeroket

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
Let me ask you this: Is there a difference between a janitor cleaning a bank building and the teller in regards to their authority to remove you from the private property, if both are employees of the bank?

It depends on the policy of the company. I have worked for more that allowed any employee to decide if a person should leave the premises than only wanted the manager to be the single person that had authority to remove someone. Now this is not saying that corporate could not reverse the decision and drop any trespass charges but the authority was vested in all employees.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

joeroket wrote:
NavyLT wrote:
Let me ask you this: Is there a difference between a janitor cleaning a bank building and the teller in regards to their authority to remove you from the private property, if both are employees of the bank?

It depends on the policy of the company. I have worked for more that allowed any employee to decide if a person should leave the premises than only wanted the manager to be the single person that had authority to remove someone. Now this is not saying that corporate could not reverse the decision and drop any trespass charges but the authority was vested in all employees.
Yep, with my company when I had several employees, I gave them the right to ask people to leave, and that was on my job sites, constructing houses.