• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MSNBC news video conceals race of open carrier to portray gun carry as racist

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYKQJ4-N7LI- incredible.

And see more analysis at today's VCDL VA-ALERT:--

----------------------------------------------------------------------
VCDL's meeting schedule: http://www.vcdl.org/meetings.html
Abbreviations used in VA-ALERT: http://www.vcdl.org/help/abbr.html
Congratulations, MSNBC, you have now set a new journalistic LOW,
showing that you really have the art of propaganda down pat.

At a recent Arizona town hall meeting with President Obama, there was
one person carrying a rifle. It was a black gun-owner with an AR-15
on his shoulder standing with other gun owners outside the town hall
building.

The media almost melted down, as is their tendency when it comes to
lawfully carried guns.

In their story, MSNBC shows only carefully cropped video of that black
gun-owner so that you could not tell his skin color, but only see his
gun. They then switch to video of a white gun-owner being interviewed
by a reporter. While there is plenty of video to be found of the
black gun owner talking to reporters elsewhere, MSNBC does not use any
of it.

Why did MSNBC crop that video?

Because the topic was about how gun-carrying protesters at the town
hall meetings are RACISTS!!!

You see, the rifle was eye-catching, but having a black man carrying
it simply wouldn't do for MSNBC's purposes, so they fixed that little
problem.

Anyway, I literally jumped out of my chair when I saw this video. I
don't suggest watching it while eating or drinking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYKQJ4-N7LI

-------

Reminder: Don't forget about the VCDL meeting tonight at 7 PM in
Richmond! It is open to the public, so bring family, friends, co-
workers.

North Park Library
8508 Franconia Road
Henrico, VA 23227-1213

wewd

imported post

I'm surprised the media hasn't trotted out some militant Black Panther-types to call the AZ OCer an uncle tom or 'house negro' (Malcolm X's favorite term). Any black person who does not tow the party line usually gets that treatment sooner or later. The media collectivists are the most racist people on the planet.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Holy Crap! This disgusts me, they don't seem to get it that U.S. is getting tired of Race baiting, msnbc stepped over the line.I would love to see how they back out of this one. My guess is to probably ignore it.

Even though MSNBC, is run soley by NBC, many on this forum work for microsoft and they are not a gun friendly company.

jadedone4

imported post

... before this gets out of hand here... Malcolm X advocated gun ownership as a means of self-defense - that is aligned with 2A positions; however, the climate by which his stance was taken - was one where Black men/women were subject to being treated as second-class citizens.

MSNBC owes ALL of its readers/viewers an apology, as this is the same as the darking of the OJ photo to make him appear sinister. What difference would it make to show the color of skin of the citizen exercising his/her 2A rights? The only thing that makes any "logical" sense is that MSNBC wanted the appearance to be seen/construed as a "white, rural" citizen "clinging to guns and religion; or that a well-dressed, mannered Black man, carrying not only himself, but his 2A rights openly - as representative of the other 3/4's.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I am not sure this is such a surprise, but at the same time, I don't recall many articles that would call out the race of a white carrier. . . so I don't think this is bias as much as it is simply omitting information that may gain sympathy.

Alexcabbie

imported post

I do not think any of us would use our weapons to harm any politician, and in fact I bet all of us would use them to protect Obama, Pelosi, Reid et al if the situation ever arose. The President of the United States, in the presence of armed Patriots, is as safe as a babe in his mother's arms. Hell, with us around the SS could go out for coffee....

WheelGun

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
I do not think any of us would use our weapons to harm any politician, and in fact I bet all of us would use them to protect Obama, Pelosi, Reid et al if the situation ever arose. The President of the United States, in the presence of armed Patriots, is as safe as a babe in his mother's arms. Hell, with us around the SS could go out for coffee....

We don't dress as nicely as the SS.

I know I don't. I don't own a tie, andmy curly cord ear thing does not go anywhere.

He would be safe, but could he take the sight of all that woodland camo ?

IDAHO COWBOY

IDAHO COWBOY