Thread: Will minnesotta honor the Open Carry Permit of ND

Post imported post

I am a resident of North Dakota and I am going to school in Minnesota and was interested in Open Carry

I noticed that Both North Dakota and Minnesota require a Permit to OC however the Concealed Carry permit issued by North Dakota is not honored in Minnesota.

I will be 20 in October which makes me very much eligible in North Dakota for an open carry sadly not Minnesota for another year.

So my question is would the open carry permit be honored or does the same rule as the concealed carry apply in which it is not honored ?

Thank you for your time.

Post imported post

Keep in mind, the laws of the state you are in apply. Hence, if you have a permit from ND that MN honors, you are able to carry openly here. Yet, if your home state permit is not honored by MN, and ND permits are not, you are not able to carry here legally. It seems to me you will have to wait until you are 21 and then apply for a non-resident permit, or, if you have established you are a resident here, a regular permit.

For more opinions, check out www.twincitiescarry.com/forum

Post imported post

You could get a permit that is recognized in Minnesota, either a MN permit or (better) a Utah permit.

Centurion

Post imported post

JohnK87 wrote:
    You could get a permit that is recognized in Minnesota, either a MN permit or (better) a Utah permit.
    Can't get a Utah permit until age 21!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Post imported post

Well this is kind of a bummer but I guess what can you do right ?