• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Yesterday I OC'ed and was spotted

Hef

imported post

SC law requires that I conceal my firearm, and I always attempt to follow the law, but last night my shirt rode up and a lady saw my gun. It was about 8PM, and I was wearing jeans, sandals, and a black t-shirt, with my Taurus PT745 OWB on my left hip, which I thought was covered up.

I was going to my brother's apartment. I just got out of my pickup and was walking to the front steps to use the elevator. An older black lady was on the second floor, looking over the railing into the parking lot. I smiled and said hi, waving, and she responded by giving me a "hummmph" and walking away.

I got in the elevator, it went up and stopped, and she stepped in. She looked at me, looked at my hip, and asked, "is that a gun on your hip?"

I said, "Yes, ma'am, it is."

"What do you need that for?"

I replied, "It's a dangerous world we live in. I like being prepared."

"But this is Hilton Head!"

"Did you know we had 4 home-invasion robberies last year?"

She replied that she did not, and we then walked together in the same direction (she lives across the hall from my brother) and had a very cordial discussion on gun ownership and self defense. She didn't hate guns, but her cheating, abusive ex-husband carried a handgun and she developed a negative association. She turned out to be a very nice lady, and I think she was surprised that I was nice and polite.

I was quite satisfied with the incident. I might not have won a convert, but I at least opened someone's mind.

warlockmatized

imported post

GREAT JOB!

She like so many other blind sheeple NEED to realize that evil does NOT own a map. It does not matter WHERE some one lives or vacations. Stuff happens EVERYWHERE. Glad it went the way it did. She cold have placed a man with a gun call.

Again...GREAT JOB!