• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone else name their pistol?

PiJiNWiNg

imported post

So as the title says, just wanted to know if anyone else names their pistol(s)?
I haven't come up with one for mine yet, (A Sig Sauer P229 9mm) but my dad named his S&W Model 629 44. Magnum "Rosebud" maaaaaaany years ago....

Anyway, just curious....

-Jr.

cynicist

imported post

Just my snubby 22lr revolver. It's my "gatito" which means in Spanish "kitten" or "kitty" but they word construction could also mean "little gat."

jeeper1

imported post

I haven't named any of my firearms but years ago I called my 1970 F100 "Too Loose La Truck", it rattled real bad. I call my newest mobility scooter "Helen Wheels".

Mortech

imported post

Lets see , the first 1911 I bought here in the states I named 'Fugly' , my MAK90 I named 'Uncle Mak' and my home defence carbine is just called 'Max' since I assembled it using a OlyArms MaxHArd receiver .

PiJiNWiNg

imported post

Mortech wrote:
Lets see , the first 1911 I bought here in the states I named 'Fugly' , my MAK90 I named 'Uncle Mak' and my home defence carbine is just called 'Max' since I assembled it using a OlyArms MaxHArd receiver .
There ya go! haha, I like 'Fugly'

Sparky508

imported post

:celebrate

From Tropic Thunder,

"I don't know what its called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a mans life"

Mortech

imported post

I named it Fugly because I paid a total of $250 for it 16 years ago , it needed a new finish so I had a cheap park job done on it . Its has a pretty loose frame to slide fit but its is unbelievably accurate shooting guns I own . So now 16 years later the park job is worn smooth and it rattles like hell but has never let me down .

Batousaii

imported post

Most of my guns dont have names, but afew of the most used do.

My Colt .45 Auto (combat Commander) is named "Sparky"

The Ruger GP-100 4" .357 is Named "Leon"

the CZ-75 is name "Czeska"

:cool:The rest, remain nameless as of now.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Mine won't tell me their names. They just whisper inside my head when they want to shoot or be cleaned. Sometimes they just want to be stroked and lovingly caressed.

:) (joke)