• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nor Cal UOC

Rodical

imported post

Just found this site. Heard of the open carry down south and am looking to contact any body above the Sacramento HyWy 50 area so to learn and be legal, about all this. Maybe a local carry weapons class contact. Thanx Rod

Rodical

imported post

I'm in Cameron Park. Thanx for the replies. Just thought I'd put the noob question out and go from there. Wanting to be a responsible gun owner and stand up for my Right's as a American.

Streetbikerr6

imported post

I am from Folsom, close by. Some members have had meets here in Sacramento from time to time. I am sure another one is close to come. I would study these videos before thinking about open carrying.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=9CDFD99BEFA7E9CB

I have yet to open carry here in Folsom. For one I don't want some of the people I see every day in this small town to have the assumption I just love to protest or I'm a nut. I think I would feel more comfortable doing it in a town I don't frequent. I know I'm thinking about it all wrong, like being ashamed of an ugly child and bringing it out in public lol. Maybe once you have studied those videos we can have a meet and greet.

Rodical

imported post

Streetbikerr6 wrote:
I am from Folsom, close by. Some members have had meets here in Sacramento from time to time. I am sure another one is close to come. I would study these videos before thinking about open carrying.

I have yet to open carry here in Folsom. For one I don't want some of the people I see every day in this small town to have the assumption I just love to protest or I'm a nut. I think I would feel more comfortable doing it in a town I don't frequent. I know I'm thinking about it all wrong, like being ashamed of an ugly child and bringing it out in public lol. Maybe once you have studied those videos we can have a meet and greet.
Yes, I don't feel like being exposed to the front page for somethingother than Lawfull and Peaceful. Thanks for the study material. Need to find out the Right way and learn. And a good FrontSight or local hand gun coarse.Hope to greet some time. Thanks Again Rod

hammerhands32

imported post

But Folsom PD are all so nice and understanding.....:lol:

Streetbikerr6 wrote:

Rodical

imported post

Ya, I've been a resident of Folsom and Shing Springs since the 60's. I think a letter to the Local PD is a first step so as to forewarn and Stop a posible problem before we Become a Item in Folsom. I'ma memberof Post 362 American Legion Folsom, Also have VFW,Womens Aux. there. Good place to getsome backing or team members. Anywayz, thanks for the info. See ya, Rod

Streetbikerr6

imported post

Ironically enough I have been pulled over 4 times for speedingin Folsom on my streetbike and truck and have had some good chats about guns each time, and every time let off without a ticket for whatever reason. So I don't really badmouth Folsom PD. Though I remember when I used to party in highschool I hated those guys, always breaking up the parties way too early haha.

Rodical

imported post

Streetbikerr6 wrote:
Ironically enough I have been pulled over 4 times for speedingin Folsom on my streetbike and truck and have had some good chats about guns each time, and every time let off without a ticket for whatever reason. So I don't really badmouth Folsom PD. Though I remember when I used to party in highschool I hated those guys, always breaking up the parties way too early haha.
Yes, High school days were a little different. Different days. I was pulled over more than I got layed. Good thing I got married and changed the course.Lol. Cammping this weekend for Labor Day weekend. Good times, Good friends.

jyda

imported post

I'm new here and in Folsom as well. I'd love to participate in the next meet up.