• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New guy to the forum

mike663

imported post

Just joined,and wanted to say Hi, and ask a couple questions. I plan to apply for my carry permit next week at Meridian MS.
Do I have to go there and get an application, or can I print out and use the one on the M.D.P.S?
http://www.dps.state.ms.us/dps/dps.nsf/allforms/0F12E461F84E451586256F4E005B0702/$File/Individual%20Firearms%20Permit%20Package.pdf?OpenElement

Also have any of you ever had dealings with the people at Troop H in Meridian ?
Just wondering what kind of attitude I can expect. Doesn't really matter I suppose, I just hate walking in anywhere blind.
Thanks for any help, and I'm sure I.ll have more stupid questions between now and next Tuesday.:)

JT

imported post

Welcome to the forum.

You can print the online form and fill it out. I did with no problem. That way you can fill it out, get the forms notarized, make only one trip the the DPs office. I applied in Biloxi so I can't give you any info on TroopH.