Thread: can someone help me?

Post imported post

I just got my first Kydex paddle holster and I love it. But Uncle Mike seems not to have others I want.

Specifically, I want holters for a Kimber compact, a Smith 6946 and a Smith 411.

Also, how about revolvers?

Thanks guys for any help you can give.

Post imported post

The BH CQC holster only comes in Gov't (5")length holster, you'll have to cut it to size if you want itshorter.

There is a CQC for J-Frames it might/should fit a few taurus revolvers.
    They offer a holster that will fit a wide variety of S&W series firearms.
    http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Spo...,1146,1410.htm

They do have a 1-800#.
    http://www.blackhawk.com/downloads/s...contactus.html

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

My mistake you said "Uncle Mike's".
    http://www.natchezss.com/category.cf...p;startRow=176

Pretty much the same boat but less expensive.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

The BH serpa holster for a S&W J frame does not fit a Taurus 85 revolver. At least the one I bought did not. Now I need to go buy a S&W to fit the holster I have.
    Perhaps if you would use a real computer you wouldn't have to apologize for not being able to do so many things on the internet!

Campaign Veteran GlockMeisterG21's Avatar

Post imported post

I own a serpa for both my Glock 21 and my Kimber Tactical Custom II. I regret buying it for my Kimber because it beat the crap out of the finish. I don't really care about the finish on my Glock because, well it's a Glock haha. But I spent a chunk of $$$ on that Kimber and it looks bad. I can accept a little holster wear but this is ridiculous. If you care in even a small way for the finish of your gun then get something made of leather.
    “The 1911 pistol remains the service pistol of choice in the eyes of those who understand the problem. Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair.” — Col. Jeff Cooper, GUNS & AMMO, January 2002

Post imported post

I thought Kydex was supposed to cause less wear on gun finishes? I'm still using cheap nylon, so just as well I didn't upgrade, I guess.

-ljp

Post imported post

jeeper1 wrote:
    Now I need to go buy a S&W to fit the holster I have.
    Thats the attitude!!!

Campaign Veteran OlGutshotWilly's Avatar

Post imported post

Hey Old Dog,
    You didn't specify whether you wanted a retention holster or not. I have my 3" Kimber 1911 Ultra Carry and I have two favorite holsters for it.

One is the Galco Concealed carry leather holster.
    http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum1870.php

Very comfortable OWB holster which I have used a lot. My other new retention holster is a Safariland with suede lining and the ALS system of retention.

I acquired the Safariland 6378 holster for the full sized 1911 since they don't make any for compacts. I carefully measured 1 1/4 inches from the bottom, leaving 1/4 inch from the barrel block and 3/4 inch from the bottom end of the locking mechanism and used my fine toothed blade on my band saw, cutting the bottom of the holster off.

Amazing. Fits the Compact perfectly, suede lined and the locking mechanism is awesome. Paddle is near impossible to get on or off and sits nice and tight to my side. Very comfortable!

If you were only going to use it for OC, then no need to resize it. But I do CC as well and didn't want the extra length sticking down.

Hope this gives you some choices!

Cheers,
    Bill
    THE SECOND AMENDMENT: Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Government is not reason; it is not eloquent -- it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
    --George Washington,
    first U.S. president

Post imported post

You might consider the Comfort Holster. Here is the link:

www.comfortholster.com