• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

can someone help me?

old dog

imported post

[align=left][/align]I just got my first Kydex paddle holster and I love it. But Uncle Mike seems not to have others I want.

Specifically, I want holters for a Kimber compact, a Smith 6946 and a Smith 411.

Also, how about revolvers?

Thanks guys for any help you can give.

Marco

jeeper1

imported post

The BH serpa holster for a S&W J frame does not fit a Taurus 85 revolver. At least the one I bought did not. Now I need to go buy a S&W to fit the holster I have.

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I own a serpa for both my Glock 21 and my Kimber Tactical Custom II. I regret buying it for my Kimber because it beat the crap out of the finish. I don't really care about the finish on my Glock because, well it's a Glock haha. But I spent a chunk of $$$ on that Kimber and it looks bad. I can accept a little holster wear but this is ridiculous. If you care in even a small way for the finish of your gun then get something made of leather.

Legba

imported post

I thought Kydex was supposed to cause less wear on gun finishes? I'm still using cheap nylon, so just as well I didn't upgrade, I guess.

-ljp

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hey Old Dog,
You didn't specify whether you wanted a retention holster or not. I have my 3" Kimber 1911 Ultra Carry and I have two favorite holsters for it.

One is the Galco Concealed carry leather holster.
http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum1870.php

Very comfortable OWB holster which I have used a lot. My other new retention holster is a Safariland with suede lining and the ALS system of retention.

I acquired the Safariland 6378 holster for the full sized 1911 since they don't make any for compacts. I carefully measured 1 1/4 inches from the bottom, leaving 1/4 inch from the barrel block and 3/4 inch from the bottom end of the locking mechanism and used my fine toothed blade on my band saw, cutting the bottom of the holster off.

Amazing. Fits the Compact perfectly, suede lined and the locking mechanism is awesome. Paddle is near impossible to get on or off and sits nice and tight to my side. Very comfortable!

If you were only going to use it for OC, then no need to resize it. But I do CC as well and didn't want the extra length sticking down.

Hope this gives you some choices!

Cheers,
Bill