• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Visiting OK with an out-of-state CCW

spiritof76

imported post

Disclaimer: I know this is an OC forum, etc etc etc. This is a question about CCW because OC is banned in Oklahoma, so there is no other option. Anyone having a problem with this post, please refrain from commenting and instead move on to the next thread.

I hold current CCW permits from Utah and Nevada and will be visiting OK for a few days next month. From my review of the laws there it seems concealed carry should be OK as long as I avoid some of the usual verboten places (government buildings, schools, bars, etc).

Are there any odd or unusual circumstances in OK that anyone thinks a stranger ought to be made aware of before carrying in this state, which might not be clear or apparent from a simple reading of the laws?

Thanks in advance for any comments or advice.

justgreg

imported post

Most definitely you should make yourself familiar with the Self Defense Act of Title 21 of the Oklahoma Codes:

http://www.ok.gov/osbi/Concealed_Weapons_Licensing/

...wherein are contained excellent priviledges/rights/whatever-you-like including carrying a long-gun with loaded magazine/tube but empty in the chamber etc.

I suggest you familiarize specifically on must-notify and the forbidden zones etc. etc. yadda tadda da dee.

Also, OK law officers love guns unlike (where I'm from) CA cops that mostly want to have the only guns--so they're gonna be very casual about asking you what you have, how you like it etc. That puts some people off, LOL!

Good luck, be safe, and (speaking as a CCW permit holder to all permit holders) don't screw it up, LOL!

G.