• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Founder of Frommer's Travel Guide publicly boycotting Arizona after witnessing OC

markand

imported post

I'm embarrassed and ashamed that Virginia isn't on Frommer's boycott list. I KNOW our gun laws are just as good as Arizona's and probably better.

I guess we'll have to redouble our efforts with the Virginia legislature and overturn the restaurant ban (on concealed carry in restaurants that serve alcohol), open up K-12 carry to the entire school grounds (not just while concealed in your car) and take a decisive stand on college carry by students, faculty and visitors.

Maybe then we'll deserve to be on the boycott list.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

He should ad Washington to that list too. He should also were a shirt stating his beliefs so the rest of America wont defend him in the case of some violence being perpetrated against him, because he would be deeply offended by our assistance.

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Heck I was surprised that even Connecticut has open carry (at least it appears so on this site, I haven't tried it personally)

He is going to have to limit his trips a great deal, apparently.

And I am going to have to limit my use and purchasing of his products.

I have always wanted to have a good gun friendly travel resource. Especially with gun friendly local restaurants focusing on locally owned joints.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Skeptic wrote:
I have always wanted to have a good gun friendly travel resource. Especially with gun friendly local restaurants focusing on locally owned joints.
We are lucky here in Western Washington we have a Restaurant that gives a 15% discount to open carriers, and since they are located next to the police academy, you have to tell them you are not a cop.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well this is a great development. I've been OC around my home area, partly in hopes that it might discourage panty waist liberals from wanting to move into our rural area. Looks like it might work! :D

Frommer needs to add Tennessee to his NO-GO list. Won't hurt my feelings one darned bit.