Thread: oc

Post imported post

Hi, I am new to here. I don’t have a cpl yet but it is pending and should have it in about 4 weeks with a bit of luck. I live in Jackson and I have been OC while walking the dog “mostly at night”. Now I see that a lot of you OC in stores and such but I was wondering is do you need a CPL to open carry in these stores? Never the less I think I will wait until I get my CPL before I try OC in a business.

Thanks all

Post imported post

welcome to our forum.If you could please put your state under your name.wE ARE HAVING A PICNIC ON THE 30TH at loomis park.

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Welcome to the forum EASY.

It depends on the store. If you are talking about Miejer, Kroger, or any store that has a license to sell liquor then the answer is no, not without a cpl. If on the other hand you are referring to, best buy, staples, starbucks etc then yes you may.

I suggest you start here http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/13328.html
    read and reread the information. You should try to make it out to the Jackson picnic.

Post imported post

thanks, i will put the state on there and i only live 2 blocks from loomis park.

Post imported post

Welcome Easy...

Open carrying into a store, without a CPL depends on the establishment. If it is privately owned, they can tell you they don't want sidearms on their property. If that is the case, once you have been informed by the owner you must leave... Wether or not you return unarmed is essentially up to you, but many on here, will just go, and never return. Usually a follow up with the owner to attempt to inform them of the laws, and how many will potentially no longer be shopping there. Sometime's this works, sometime's it doesn't.

If the establishment sells alcohol, either to be consumed, or not...(this includes Meijer, Kroger, Kmart, ect., and many restaurants, and gas stations) you MUST have a CPL to open carry, or conceal carry.

Please add Michigan to your location to help us boost our numbers.

Make sure you read, read and read again, the threads "Wash, Rinse, Repeat" and "Michigan Open Carry Info here"

Again, Welcome!! Great bunch of people on this forum!!!

Tygereye

Post imported post

As far as any concern with OC'ing in stores, without a CPL, there is a restriction on firearms carry in any place that has a liquor license. That includes stores that sell liquor or beer. CPL holders are exempt. Thus, if you do not have a CPL you may not lawfully OC in a store which sellsliquor or beer.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Post imported post

Just a quick question how did you find out about the forum?

We are hosting an cpl class on the 26th of September if your interested the cost is only 100.00 I think I have room to take 1 more person!!

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

easy wrote:

Hi, I am new to here. I don’t have a cpl yet but it is pending and should have it in about 4 weeks with a bit of luck. I live in Jackson and I have been OC while walking the dog “mostly at night”. Now I see that a lot of you OC in stores and such but I was wondering is do you need a CPL to open carry in these stores? Never the less I think I will wait until I get my CPL before I try OC in a business.

Thanks all
    Welcome and stay and read the info thread at the top of the main page.

You can OC on private property, but two things to remember. You can not have a firearm in any place that sells alcohol,..no Meijer's, gas stations that sell beer, etc.

Also any private property owner or their agent can control what can be be allowed on their property so if they ask you to leave or to take the firearm to your car you have to do so.

An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

i have had my cpl class, my cpl is pending now

thanks

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

I think a capitol M in Michigan will put you into the Michigan membership.springerdave.

Post imported post

Nah, a space if I'm not mistaken.

Post imported post

What you need to do is probably go and separate the city and stuff by category. If you put them all together under state, it won't work. When you go to change it it asks for country state and city separately. Make sure that each item is where it belongs, not just in one place.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

easy wrote:

Thanks all
    Welcome to the site hope to see you at a future meet and greet.

Post imported post

Thanks a bunch "I Should Have Known Better" lol

Post imported post

Just sent you a PM Easy.