Thread: Arthur Frommer is an idiot

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar

Post imported post

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,541522,00.html

i wonder if he'll apply the same rule to the other 43 OC legal states. i'm looking for a way to contact him. more to follow.
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Post imported post

I already posted on that website and put opencarry.org as a reference. But ya, what lame article.

Post imported post

I wouldn't worry about telling him about all the other open carry states. Other people already must have.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

I told him he wasn't welcome in Michigan:celebrate
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If you have a gun, what in the hell do you have to be paranoid for." Clint Smith, Director of Thunder Ranch

Post imported post

Jblack44 wrote:
    I told him he wasn't welcome in Michigan:celebrate
    x2

Post imported post

smellslikemichigan wrote:
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,541522,00.html

i wonder if he'll apply the same rule to the other 43 OC legal states. i'm looking for a way to contact him. more to follow.
    He's not going to have many places to blog about if he decides to follow that rule! :what:

What an idiot!

Post imported post

He claims he doesn't want to visit arizona because they have laws allowing the open carry of firearms.

Other news organizations also have stated that az and nh have laws that allow open carry.

isn't it more correct to say that most open carry states do not have laws that allow open carry, rather they do not have any laws that prohibit such activity?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

Post imported post

lapeer20m wrote:
    isn't it more correct to say that most open carry states do not have laws that allow open carry, rather they do not have any laws that prohibit such activity?

Shouldn't your post say "isn't it more correct to say that most open carry states do not have laws thatprohibit open carry"?

I think that is what you meant to say. I think it is funny too that the news reports have not mentioned (at least I have not seen any) the fact that MOST states allow some type of open carry. I think they are either not doing the research, or they are not mentioning it because the people in charge don't want the masses to know that OC may be legal in most other states. Hell I didn't know OC was legal in Michigan (and most states for that matter, except I few) until October of last year. My dad knew about it, but he never mentioned it to me.

Post imported post

-removed- wasn't able to find a comment posting section on his site, but found it. (it loads very slow)

Post imported post

you are pointing out exactly what i am trying to say.

the talking heads keep saying that open carry states have laws that allow open carry. This is not correct (at least in the case of michigan) which has no law allowing open carry.

The talking heads should be saying that open carry states have no laws prohibiting open carry.

I think that's exactly what you said.....which is what i was trying to say in my previous post.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

Post imported post

Yep that is how it works in this country ...those things not specifically noted in a law as NOT legal are permissible to do... Other countries this is not the case!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."