• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Arthur Frommer is an idiot

lapeer20m

imported post

He claims he doesn't want to visit arizona because they have laws allowing the open carry of firearms.

Other news organizations also have stated that az and nh have laws that allow open carry.

isn't it more correct to say that most open carry states do not have laws that allow open carry, rather they do not have any laws that prohibit such activity?

T Vance

imported post

lapeer20m wrote:
isn't it more correct to say that most open carry states do not have laws that allow open carry, rather they do not have any laws that prohibit such activity?

Shouldn't your post say "isn't it more correct to say that most open carry states do not have laws thatprohibit open carry"?

I think that is what you meant to say. I think it is funny too that the news reports have not mentioned (at least I have not seen any) the fact that MOST states allow some type of open carry. I think they are either not doing the research, or they are not mentioning it because the people in charge don't want the masses to know that OC may be legal in most other states. Hell I didn't know OC was legal in Michigan (and most states for that matter, except I few) until October of last year. My dad knew about it, but he never mentioned it to me.

lapeer20m

imported post

you are pointing out exactly what i am trying to say.

the talking heads keep saying that open carry states have laws that allow open carry. This is not correct (at least in the case of michigan) which has no law allowing open carry.

The talking heads should be saying that open carry states have no laws prohibiting open carry.

I think that's exactly what you said.....which is what i was trying to say in my previous post.